DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

I fell for the content swerve.

I saw the TV-MA Nudity and Strong Sexual Content warning and then Candice Van Houten's name was in the credits and I was like okay who is Melisandre banging this week and then it is Missandei booty that shows up on my television and I knew that if Grey Worm didn't get naked too, my beloved female domestic partner was going to throw a skillet at me.

I'm just unsure of what exactly happened there. He has no equipment. Without getting graphic, I didn't quite understand the final few moments of that scene. I felt sorry for him.  The most beautiful woman in all of Essos,  Westeros, etc.  and he literally has no balls. 

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm just unsure of what exactly happened there. He has no equipment. Without getting graphic, I didn't quite understand the final few moments of that scene. I felt sorry for him.  The most beautiful woman in all of Essos,  Westeros, etc.  and he literally has no balls. 

Umm...when a eunuch and a woman love each other very much, he may or may not eat dat booty like groceries.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well if the show is in line with the novels, the Unsullied are castrated fully so Grey Worm had no male reproductive organs at all. 

We can dispense with the real life dangers and success / failure rates of such drastic surgical procedures since it's fiction and what every the writer wants to happen will happen.

I suppose the point of the scene is that Grey Worm cared for Missandei but felt that his status as a eunach would prevent him from acting on his desire in a physical way..

Missandei obviously did not give two shits about Grey Worm's ability to satisfy her in the usual manner.  She loves her dude and he loves her and they found a workaround.

There seemed to be an overarching theme in that episode of shots fired at traditional notions of masculinity right down to Westeros's defender of all things testosterone arriving in the form of batshit insane Euron Greyjoy.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There seemed to be an overarching theme in that episode of shots fired at traditional notions of masculinity right down to Westeros's defender of all things testosterone arriving in the form of batshit insane Euron Greyjoy.

Arriving on a giant phallus that just flops down and crushes the people in its way.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Arriving on a giant phallus that just flops down and crushes the people in its way.

Just in time to break up the Dornish invasion of the Iron Isles while an emasculated Theon Greyjoy looked on.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2017 at 3:11 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

From reddit, here's some of the cast in 2009:

JJ3JuJ2.jpg

I totally want to see this "Full House Stark" sitcom now.

• Like 1

Jaime learning from the way Robb kicked his ass was really good, and then Lady Oleana just buried his ass. 

This was a strong episode. I'm a sucker, but I'm really hoping Arya makes it to Winterfell and we get a Sansa-Bran-Arya-Jon reunion.

• Like 5

I was all set to crown Euron with the default Cunt title for the week for

1) pronouncing "twat" with an a sound like "cat"

2) using the word to describe Theon

but then there she was with one more cunt at Joffrey...and not just any cunt but that super dismissive passive agressive "He was a cunt wasn't he?" to which the only possible reply is "sigh...yeah..."

At some point we have to go back and see not just who had the most/best use of cunt, but to whom it was most often applied. Joffrey will most certainly win even after all this time, with 2nd place probably going to the "anonymous" guy from "some rich cunt" as in "I'll be in some rich cunt's bed" or "then I won't have to kill for some rich cunt."

I do kind of hate Tyrion getting fucking SCHOOLED by his older brother. Damn.

• Like 2

So, smart as Tyrion is, he can't out tactic Jamie, which sucks.  Now the Unsullied are stuck in the Rock, that was abandoned.  I assume we're getting Jon figuring out that if Dany loses, everyone does because Cersei is the type to rather rule over the ashes as the Night King swoops down than admit the world doesn't revolve around her.  

Tyrion didn't know how worthless the Rock is now. But watching him get stymied is really interesting.

I'm still partial to Bronn's "There's no cure for being a cunt" about Joffrey.

• Like 1

Makes sense to me, Jamie is a lot more like his father than Tyrion is.  They were both in and around battle their entire adult lives.  Jamie has seen it all.  Dany is losing right now because she isn't thinking like a Westerosi.  Tyrion is too concerned with how people will think of them and she is too.  

Lady Olena told her in their meeting to stop fucking around and be a Queen.   Olena just didn't have the army.  All of the riches and resources but the Tyrells just aren't that good on the battlefield. Their alliance with the Lannisters served both of them well.  

Now you have the Unsullied at The rock for no reason,  the Greyjoys ruling the sea,  the Lannisters and Tarlys ruling highgarden,,     It's time to unleash the dothraki and the dragons.  Burn and pillage. But I don't know if she'll do that.  I guess this comes to a point where she will need the north to take King's Landing so in return she maybe agrees to help out with this little Night's King problem? 

Also, um, why the fuck did Bran lose all sembelence of emotion?  Like, dude just flatly, emotionlessly, described him being able to Farsee his sister getting raped.  That was pretty fucked up.

16 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Also, um, why the fuck did Bran lose all sembelence of emotion?  Like, dude just flatly, emotionlessly, described him being able to Farsee his sister getting raped.  That was pretty fucked up.

I guess from seeing everything? He really did go full Spock.

I didn't even talk about Cersei's revenge! On one hand, her anger and hatred was fully justified, but in the other, revisiting the same crime on another, and taking such sadistic glee in it... That was a damn good scene that got lost in how much better Jaime/Olenna was. Those kinds of conversation scenes are still what GoT does best.

• Like 2