DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Pretty much this. Plus, Jon already paid for his ignorance and naivete when his brothers in the Night's Watch murdered him. I don't think something like that happens a second time.

Nothing about this show makes me optimistic that a character can fuck up and not get killed, even if they've already come back to life. In fact that makes it even more likely.

19 minutes ago, Throat said:

The pointlessness of the game isn't just limited to Littlefinger. The threat of the white walkers makes all the political scheming and various factions battling each other throughout the series seem like a tremendous waste of time.

It's also really realistic. Politicians will be fighting over who is "better for coal country" from their oxygen pods under our new PanOcean.

• Like 2

I'm trying to remember:  Was Tryion privy to the fact that Casterly Rock's mines are no longer producing gold when they orchestrated the wedding to the Tyrells?  I'm guessing the logic behind taking out the Rock is more of a cut off their money rather than an embarass his sister by taking her home from her.

Couple things I've been thinking about.  

Shouldn't Jon be aware that Littlefinger did Ned dirty?  Cat seemed to be aware of it. I'm forgetting now because it was so long ago but I feel like people would know and someone would tell Jon.  I see no reason why Littlefinger is alive after what he said about Sansa.  I don't think The Vale would give a shit if Baelish died. 

I was also thinking about Qyburn. He's been holding down the Lannisters for a long time now.  Does his arrow launcher have a chance in hell of working though?  I'm not sure I liked that idea.  

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was also thinking about Qyburn. He's been holding down the Lannisters for a long time now.  Does his arrow launcher have a chance in hell of working though?  I'm not sure I liked that idea.  

No worries. Our tests have demonstrated that on a clear day with little to no wind, the Star Wars Dragon Defense and Intercept system can easily destroy any dragon flying directly toward it, not breathing fire on it, not zig zagging in any way, and maintaining a perfect level attitude and altitude and a perfectly straight neck, upwards of 16% of the time.*

* Note: we have only tested this on one previously deceased dragon that was sitting in our basement where we built the Star Wars Dragon Defense and Intercept System directly in front of it. We have not yet attempted to move the Star Wars Dragon Defense and Intercept system from our basement because it is very delicate and the steps are very narrow. However you will notice that n the time we since we built the Star Wars Dragon Defense and Intercept System exactly 0 times has that previously deceased dragon successfully attacked King's Landing.

• Like 6

Qyburn would be a Cardinals fan.

The Lannisters, except Tyrion, would be Yankees fans.

Tyrion might be a Cubs fan.

Littlefinger would be a...Giants fan?

The Hound thinks baseball should fuck off.

Beric and his other friend are definitely Cubs fans.

• Like 1

See how Robb's first big mistake was sending Theon to treat with Balon Greyjoy, instead of keeping Theon close and sending someone else? Jon should have said to Littlefinger: "I'm going to meet Queen Daenerys, and you're coming with me whether you like it or not". Forcing Baelish to reunite with Varys and Tyrion, on terms other than his own, is exactly the sort of thing a wise ruler would do.

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Littlefinger, much like the Tyrells, is a fan of "Whoever Won The World Series Last Year"

(he'd be a big fan of Theo Epstein and Billy Beane though)

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Shouldn't Jon be aware that Littlefinger did Ned dirty?  Cat seemed to be aware of it. I'm forgetting now because it was so long ago but I feel like people would know and someone would tell Jon.  I see no reason why Littlefinger is alive after what he said about Sansa.  I don't think The Vale would give a shit if Baelish died. 

Cat thought LF was a little sketchy and she knew he had a permanent crush on her (he was fostered with the Tully kids growing up) but she made the severe mistake of thinking that crush motivated him to help her when it was actually motivating him to fuck over Ned so he could have her.

I think the only person left who knows LF did Ned dirty is Cersei who's damn glad he did it so LF's pretty much gotten away clean there.

He did, however, murder Lysa Arryn-Tully and sell Sansa to The Boltons and Sansa is firsthand eyewitness to both.  If she chooses to come clean to Lord Royce Littlefinger's ass is grass and The Vale Army is truly hers.

So the question then becomes why doesn't she?  Or as Brienne so astutely asked in episode 1 "why is he still here?"

25 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I think the only person left who knows LF did Ned dirty is Cersei who's damn glad he did it so LF's pretty much gotten away clean there.

Varys knows. He was in the room when it happened. I mean, he'd have known if he wasn't there too, but he was an eyewitness.

Spoiler

I wonder if they're gonna go into the fact that in the books, Euron finds Dragonbinder when he was exiled, which allows him to control dragons.

I wasn't sure if everyone read all the books so I just spoilered this in case.

17 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Cersei is the queen and after the stunt Urine pulled last night she just took the lead in the battle for the Seven Kingdoms.

The funny thing is that as long as the White Walkers are marching south, no one is in the lead for the battle for the Seven Kingdoms.

• Like 1

No love for the show finally getting around to pointing out the hitch in the Prince That Was Promised prophecy with Missandei standing in for Maester Aemon?

Talk about footnotes and shotgun plotlines..

42 minutes ago, J.T. said:

No love for the show finally getting around to pointing out the hitch in the Prince That Was Promised prophecy with Missandei standing in for Maester Aemon?

I'm willing to have Missandei stand in for anybody anywhere.  Just saying.  

• Like 5

I'm really wondering if we get the reveal next week right before Dany decides to do away with Jon that Varys knows about Jon's parantage and drops the knowledge to save his ass, or if we're still at 2 people living know.

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Hound thinks all baseball fans are cunts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh god that was the worst. You could tell it was a moment where the writers were like "This is going to sound really fucking lame, so let's just lean into the lameness and have Tyrion comment on it."

• Like 1

What's funny is that I understood it was sarcasm and was agreeing with you, but now I can't understand if you're being sarcastic about me understanding it was sarcasm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

What's funny is that I understood it was sarcasm and was agreeing with you, but now I can't understand if you're being sarcastic about me understanding it was sarcasm.

I am not being sarcastic about you understanding that I was being sarcastic. 

I was being sincere about my appreciation of your appreciation of my sarcasm.

Now I have a headache.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

It was as if they resented being obligated to include that piece of book content and passive-aggressively decided to introduce in the most jarring, discordant, and make-it-look-like-pandering way possible.