DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

The question is, was it just a coincidence or plot contrivance that Euron knew where and when to hit Dany's fleet, or did somebody in Dany's circle rat them out?

It's worth remembering that she has a betrayal or two left on her prophecy bingo card.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Me: "Thirteen minutes left in the show...awkward lesbian filler? Yeah, someone is about to push up daisies in a sec."

Thank you, Euron "3 Minute Warning" Greyjoy

Death, sure. But I wasn't expecting a full on combat scene.

12 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

I'm guessing but....

Hide contents

When Theon is running away like Brave Sir Robin, are the people on the bow of the defeated ship the sand sisters, one impaled on the sword and the one hung by her whip?

Yes

Dagger Girl (a.k.a. Bad Pussy Girl) and Indria Varma are still alive.  Whip Girl and Spear Girl are dead.  Euron beat them with their own finishers and left them hanging from/nailed to the prow.

6 hours ago, piranesi said:

At the beginning when Cersei was having her press conference I couldn't help thinking how Trump-like her spin of the situation sounded. And then when Deanerys revealed her strategy it was eerie how much it seemed like she was making some of the same mistakes Hillary Clinton made.

Namely, having all her super smart political minds convince her that the victory was so guaranteed that instead of the simple direct overpowering route, she could expand the map and peck around into enemy territory to humiliate them and not worry too much about the main part of the map and then she would win in such a convincing and bloodless way that she would be even stronger as ruler

Until the easy part turned out to not be easy.

Its more that the direct approach would leave way too many dead and made Danny no better than the Mad King. Blood was always gong to be spilled, but it is generally best to try to make that blood come from as few of your future citizens as possible. Also a plan to cut off Casterly Rock was kind of needed anyways. Really it wasn't a bad plan. Euron won more because of the surprise of the attack. EVA is right. Its clear someone sold them out.

I haven't seen someone choke as badly as Theon did since the 2007 Mets. (That joke was Cindy-approved. Begrudgingly.)

Missed opportunity: the jump from Grey Worm/Missandei getting down to Sam should've had him dumping out people's shit and vomiting just to fuck with everyone.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks the show is moving too fast? When they had the scene with Dany and Tyrion, talking about sending a raven to Jon Snow, I instantly made a "one hour later..." remark to my wife.

AND THEN IT WAS THE NEXT FUCKING SCENE.

So now ravens travel at the speed of a text message. 

Despite the speed of the show at this point, there was still a lot to love. Jon should have left Ser Davos with Sansa though. I don't think Brienne is enough to remind Sansa that she knows Littlefinger is a scummy piece of shit. Plus, I really want to see Ser Davos smack Littlefinger around.

By the way, Littlefinger admitting that he loved Kat and now loves Sansa was so gross. He got off light considering that the King in the motherfucking North only choked a bitch. I would have run him through and put his head on a pike.

I was amused by Sansaa's "Oh no Jon, you can't go, I won't let you....wait, I'm in charge while you're gone?  Ok cool see ya!"

I'm glad that Euron's gift to Cersei is going to be Myrcella and not the dragon horn like a lot of people feared - and that the solution to the dragons is just a really huge fucking spear ... even though I don't see that going well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Am I the only one who thinks the show is moving too fast? When they had the scene with Dany and Tyrion, talking about sending a raven to Jon Snow, I instantly made a "one hour later..." remark to my wife.

AND THEN IT WAS THE NEXT FUCKING SCENE.

So now ravens travel at the speed of a text message.

She tweeted it to him.

• Like 2

Just now, MADCAP said:

Sansa is helping remember why I didn't like her in S1.  Also:

Was that the grossest cutaway ever?

"Eww, it looks like mac and cheese. HOLY FUCK IT IS MAC AND CHEESE."

That was brilliant on their part.

2 hours ago, CSC said:

- and that the solution to the dragons is just a really huge fucking spear ... even though I don't see that going well.  

Well... it worked for Sinbad .... kinda.... okay it was a huge fucking crossbow instead of a spear.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I haven't seen someone choke as badly as Theon did since the 2007 Mets. (That joke was Cindy-approved. Begrudgingly.)

Missed opportunity: the jump from Grey Worm/Missandei getting down to Sam should've had him dumping out people's shit and vomiting just to fuck with everyone.

Well, it was also a trap. If he steps forward blade in hand Euron just slits Yara's throat and then most likely captures/kills Theon too. One of them needs to escape and survive, even if it's the lesser one.

Of course you might also argue that a relatively quick death is preferable to what's probably in store for big sis now (and Theon should know all about THAT life)

I think they're going to beat us over the head with Theon is a coward so it feels like something big when he finally steps up but much like having the intercontinental champ lose on tv every week before winning on ppv it risks going past the point of no return and being too little too late.

Assuming they even pay it off and don't just want to keep doing comedy jobber skits because it amuses them :)

• Like 2

I'm semi-stealing a line I saw, but The Disgusting Adventures of Samwell Tarly is the worst thing to ever happen to television.  

I WAS EATING VANILLA ICE CREAM, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.  

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

The timing on this show is something that will haunt me forever.

End of last season we see little Sam in the citadel and he is just a baby. Meanwhile Tyrion and Dany are sailing for Westeros. Dany and co arrive at Westeros. Little Sam is now 2-3 years old. Even if he is about to turn 2, that's still close to a year on the open seas for Dany and her army. That means that at least 3 years went by while Varys traveled from King's Landing to Mereen to Dorne and back to Mereen in a last season.

In the same time we have seen Bran get back to the wall while the white walkers aren't even attacking the first castle yet.

Does my absolute head in trying to piece this together.

Just assume that every storyline is being told at a different pace so they all converge at the same time.  Think of it like you are meeting friends for a dinner reservation.  Some people live closer to the restaurant, some people live farther away, others drive faster, and others drive slower, if they all get to the place at 8, why does the pace of how they got there matter?

• Like 3