DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

7 hours ago, AxB said:

The best bit about that was how Cersei was standing on the Neck, and Jaime was standing on the Fingers.

I felt bad for the painter. Still working on it and they're walking all over it already, probably not even completely dry yet.

12 hours ago, elizium said:

I felt bad for the painter. Still working on it and they're walking all over it already, probably not even completely dry yet.

And Cersei is totally the type of person to yell at him/blame him for leaving the smudges her footprints cause, too.

Poor dude

4 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Okay. Here's some reason.

1. It basically ruined Adam Sandler for everyone that grew up watching him. After this movie everyone wanted him to do more of this. Instead he did Don't Mess With the Zohan. His career hasn't really been the same critically since. 

2. It's a really sweet love story.

3. Phillip Seymor Hoffman is an epic badguy and has an all time classic rant over the phone.

4. The music is really good and the cinematography is really gorgeous sometimes.

5. This is the movie where PTA started to move away from Scorsese rip-off stuff and find his voice that's he'd later perfect in There Will Be Blood and The Master, but the movie remains clearly the most accessible of those three.

6. This one is kinda cryptic because you haven't seen the movie, but it's probably the best live action movie about Superman since I guess the first Richard Donner one.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

• Like 1

Jon is now a King, and a somewhat experienced ruler/leader who absorbed the lessons Ned taught Robb, Bran, Rickon and Then.

Arya is an agent of death and revenge who has no plans and no goals beyond killing everyone on her list and anyone else in her way.

The more I think about it, the more I think Sansa ends up on the Iron Throne, a strange combination of Stark nobility, Cersei's dominant quest for power, and Littlefinger's scheming. And Westeros is still fucked.

I'm probably just repeating something I've already said in this thread, but I've thought for a long time that, no matter who ends up on the throne, Sansa & Tyrion will be the ones actually running shit.  Them staying married as a power couple is the smart move for bringing the south and the north back together, and Sansa is wise enough to see it now.

• Like 1

I still think of GRRM's comments about Lost and seeing similarities between this and Lost. So in that sense, I think the White Walkers and Wights win, but time travel fuckery by way of Bran gives our heroes a second chance.

No one sits on the Iron Throne because fuck it. Who needs it. Rule from wherever.

8 hours ago, EVA said:

I'm probably just repeating something I've already said in this thread, but I've thought for a long time that, no matter who ends up on the throne, Sansa & Tyrion will be the ones actually running shit.  Them staying married as a power couple is the smart move for bringing the south and the north back together, and Sansa is wise enough to see it now.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I think there's a good chance Sansa ends up being smart, sane, basically just, but absolutely ruthless and unsentimental.

At the beginning when Cersei was having her press conference I couldn't help thinking how Trump-like her spin of the situation sounded. And then when Deanerys revealed her strategy it was eerie how much it seemed like she was making some of the same mistakes Hillary Clinton made.

Namely, having all her super smart political minds convince her that the victory was so guaranteed that instead of the simple direct overpowering route, she could expand the map and peck around into enemy territory to humiliate them and not worry too much about the main part of the map and then she would win in such a convincing and bloodless way that she would be even stronger as ruler

Until the easy part turned out to not be easy.

Also this shit is chaos right now and I get this sense that the show runners are barely hanging on to the kinetic energy of this. I kind of think that there just isn't going to be much time for anymore philosophical reflections on leadership or loyalty or idealism. It's just all going to be trombones and dragons and collisions from here on.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The sea battle really really caught me off guard

Me: "Thirteen minutes left in the show...awkward lesbian filler? Yeah, someone is about to push up daisies in a sec."

Thank you, Euron "3 Minute Warning" Greyjoy

The question is, was it just a coincidence or plot contrivance that Euron knew where and when to hit Dany's fleet, or did somebody in Dany's circle rat them out?

It's worth remembering that she has a betrayal or two left on her prophecy bingo card.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Me: "Thirteen minutes left in the show...awkward lesbian filler? Yeah, someone is about to push up daisies in a sec."

Thank you, Euron "3 Minute Warning" Greyjoy

Death, sure. But I wasn't expecting a full on combat scene.

12 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

I'm guessing but....

Hide contents

When Theon is running away like Brave Sir Robin, are the people on the bow of the defeated ship the sand sisters, one impaled on the sword and the one hung by her whip?

Yes

Dagger Girl (a.k.a. Bad Pussy Girl) and Indria Varma are still alive.  Whip Girl and Spear Girl are dead.  Euron beat them with their own finishers and left them hanging from/nailed to the prow.