DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

5 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

The last scene could be Gendry still rowing that boat somewhere.

He'd have to end up at the inn and having some of Hot Pie's gravy. You never give up on the gravy.

• 3 weeks later...

There is not enough psycho Euron Greyjoy in that Season 7 trailer. 

I have a feeling he'll make Circe look like Mother Teresa before it's all over. 

Euron will fill the void left by the dearly departed Ramsay Bolton.

• 4 weeks later...

It is good to see that as soon as The Hound is back in the regular cast the cunt balance is back in harmony.

But who in the fuck were those precious cunts singing about kisses? Was anyone else flabbergasted that they didn't try to roofie or jump Arya and end up getting chumped to death and their eyeballs stuffed up eachothers cunts? WHAT WORLD DID THOSE DUDES COME FROM BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE ONE I'VE BEEN WATCHING???? WHERE HAVE THE PEOPLE LIKE THAT BEEN FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS????

I liked that Arya couldn't settle on one kiss-off line for the Freys, so she said, fuck it, I'll use 'em both.

TELL THEM THE NORTH REMEMBERS

AAAAND TELL THEM WINTER CAME FOR HOUSE FREY

She should've just kept going with it.

AAAAAND TELL THEM REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD.  LIKE WINTER TIME.

• Like 11

Also liked Lyanna Mormont like it was an In Living Color sketch...paraphrasing:

Lady Mormont: Look, I'm just a tiny little girl and a small innocent child but fuck you, bitch. I'll stab whoever I wanna. [Crowd goes crazy]

Old beardy dude: Well I never!

Lady Mormont: Really cause you look like you did a lot...of crack, bitch. [Crowd screams until they are unconscious]

Jon Snow: Thank you, Lady Mormont.

Lady Mormont: You're welcome. And you go ahead and dial me up in about 7 or 8 years with your cute greasy hair, if you can keep your bitch ass from getting killed by another little bitch boy, bitch. [Crowd lights themselves on fire in ecstasy. Cue fly girls.]

But how much does it suck that in the time it took Arya to gather all Frey's together and kill them and in the time it took Euron to build 1000 ships and sail to King's Landing and for Cersei to have that entire mural painted...that Jon Snow meeting is STILL GOING ON!!! All that's missing is small group breakout sessions followed by team presentations.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, piranesi said:

But how much does it suck that in the time it took Arya to gather all Frey's together and kill them and in the time it took Euron to build 1000 ships and sail to King's Landing and for Cersei to have that entire mural painted...that Jon Snow meeting is STILL GOING ON!!! All that's missing is small group breakout sessions followed by team presentations.

I hope that when Sansa finally turns on Jon, she mentions that his meetings felt like they lasted as long as winter

Seeing Ed Sheeran show up on GoT was one of the bigger "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT" type of moments I've had watching a TV show that wasn't WWE where I've been beaten into apathy. When I think of GoT, I don't think of STUNT CASTING, and then here's this weirdo ginger motherfucker singing in the woods. Based on the "Previously on" intro showing the Hound and Arya stealing gold from the father and daughter, I figured they would show us that despite everything, the Hound and Arya have both grown quite a bit. While Arya has grown darker, she still recalls why its important to not steal from actual good people and the Hound realizes he could have done more to help someone innocent live. Anyway, that was my main issue with this episode.

Even still, I loved everything with the Hound and I loved the continued beating of the drums leading to CLEGANEBOWL. We're going to get that fight and if the Hound loses, we riot. Shit is going to get burned down.

Oh, my one other issue was Jaime calling Euron out on being crazy when Euron wasn't really acting all that crazy.

Spoiler

I'm guessing that Euron either brings Cersei the dragonbinder or manages to kidnap Tyrion. Probably the former.

EDIT: Putting something in spoilers just in case.

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

But who in the fuck were those precious cunts singing about kisses? Was anyone else flabbergasted that they didn't try to roofie or jump Arya and end up getting chumped to death and their eyeballs stuffed up eachothers cunts? WHAT WORLD DID THOSE DUDES COME FROM BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE ONE I'VE BEEN WATCHING???? WHERE HAVE THE PEOPLE LIKE THAT BEEN FOR THE LAST SIX YEARS????

The thing that bothered me about that scene is that those dudes were in full Lannister armor.  I'd get it if they were broke ass farmers who were called by their liege lord to fight a war, but they were dressed like professional soldiers.  If you signed up to be a professional soldier in the Lannister army, I don't buy that you are some dude singing about kissing your sweetheart.  You don't sign up to be a professional killer in that world unless you want to rape and pillage.  If you want to be some sort of noble fighter, you sign up to be a squire in hopes to be a knight, you don't sign up to be a sworn sword to a ruthless lord who encourages the mistreatment of the small folk, unless you want to mistreat small folk.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm guessing that Euron either brings Cersei the dragonbinder or manages to kidnap Tyrion.

Should we be talking about Dragonbinder in this thread? I'll spoilerize my comments on it.

I feel that at this point, with the odds stacked against Cersei, Dragonbinder has to be what Euron brings to her. How else can she stand a chance? Such a stupid plot device, though. Oh, you're in control of three massively destructive weapons that haven't been seen in centuries? I happen to have the perfect thing to seize control of them! Something that was previously unheard of! It would've helped a bit if it had been introduced earlier. I haven't read the books, but I know the concept of dragon horns wasn't just tossed out there once the dragons arrived in Westeros. Maybe Jon will suddenly remember a white walker horn he forgot he had in his pocket?

34 minutes ago, Throat said:

Should we be talking about Dragonbinder in this thread? I'll spoilerize my comments on it.

Reveal hidden contents

I feel that at this point, with the odds stacked against Cersei, Dragonbinder has to be what Euron brings to her. How else can she stand a chance? Such a stupid plot device, though. Oh, you're in control of three massively destructive weapons that haven't been seen in centuries? I happen to have the perfect thing to seize control of them! Something that was previously unheard of! It would've helped a bit if it had been introduced earlier. I haven't read the books, but I know the concept of dragon horns wasn't just tossed out there once the dragons arrived in Westeros. Maybe Jon will suddenly remember a white walker horn he forgot he had in his pocket?

Fair enough. I could swear that it was referenced on the show before, but it's possible I'm mixing up the books with the tv show.

BTW, I was completely underwhelmed by the ending of the finale. They haven't really emphasized how important or monumental that homecoming was, compared to the Starks taking back Winterfell last season. In fact, until Jaime mentioned where Dany would be landing, I hadn't even given it much thought. Then you get to the end and the music swells and it just felt flat.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I was completely underwhelmed by the ending of the finale. They haven't really emphasized how important or monumental that homecoming was, compared to the Starks taking back Winterfell last season. In fact, until Jaime mentioned where Dany would be landing, I hadn't even given it much thought. Then you get to the end and the music swells and it just felt flat.

I don't know, I thought it was effective.  She spent all this time trying to get back home, and she was able to walk into the castle where she was born.  I guess it was kind of like starting the Super Bowl with a touchback, anti climactic, but still the game is just getting started.