DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

The "Brotherhood" Without Banners sold her friend (and their new brother) Gendry to Melisandre on "Red God Business", so Beric and Thoros (along with Mel) are on Arya's shitlist.

17 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

The "Brotherhood" Without Banners sold her friend (and their new brother) Gendry to Melisandre on "Red God Business", so Beric and Thoros (along with Mel) are on Arya's shitlist.

I had totally forgotten that and was considering Beric to be perhaps the lest offensive person in the show (except for Gendry and Sam, who are totally innocuous).

Mel belongs on everyone's shitlist. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Nah Jon just got crowned Sting in the North.  I am reserving the Stone Cold role for Arya

We seem to be missing out on who the "King of Strong Style" is, the Hound?

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

Mel belongs on everyone's shitlist. 

She's Russo, then.

If Mad King Aerys was Bischoff and Tywin was Vince, Cersei = Steph and Jaime = Shane sort of works. But Tyrion being Hornswoggle? Nah.

The thing is, Littlefinger is a guy who is totally sleazy but yu like for some strange reason. Even when he is jerking around other characters you like you're still kinda like "you do you Brother Baelish!". Tully isn't like that. There was just something about Tully that made you hate him. Not love to hate him, just not like him at all. He's like the rich entitled kid trying telling his buddy that he shouldn't be dating Molly Ringwald, a guy that is infinitely punchable.

Better suite as a manager than an in-ring guy but wil lstill  bump like a freak. So I figured JJ Dillon worked but honestly... he's closer to Heenan 

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

She's Russo, then.

If Mad King Aerys was Bischoff and Tywin was Vince, Cersei = Steph and Jaime = Shane sort of works. But Tyrion being Hornswoggle? Nah.

Could Tyrion be Herb Abrams? Because I'd to think he's Jeff Jarrett

James

I've had a thought. See the serving girl who unmasked as Arya before killing Walder? There's every possibility that in the earlier scene where she was eyeing up Jaime, she wasn't Arya - just a serving girl who liked Jaime. And then, offscreen, Arya killed her and took her face, purely as a means to an end.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AxB said:

I've had a thought. See the serving girl who unmasked as Arya before killing Walder? There's every possibility that in the earlier scene where she was eyeing up Jaime, she wasn't Arya - just a serving girl who liked Jaime. And then, offscreen, Arya killed her and took her face, purely as a means to an end.

IMO, It was Arya the whole time.  The show really sucks when it comes to documenting time, but we know from all of Arya's assassin training that it takes a bit of time to properly prepare the flesh mask for use and train the voice to mimic the victim's speech.

Now she knows why her first chore while training with the Faceless Men was washing corpses. 

Walder not recognizing the girl at first glance made me surmise that she wasn't a member of the original keep's staff and she obviously wasn't a Frey servant.  Some poor random person that Arya met on the way to Riverrun and kacked so that she had a cover identity to use when she infiltrated the keep..

34 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That's why you should always go with Bronn. 

I think the cute little wink to Jaime was Arya half staying in character and half sending the You And Your Sister Are Next message. 

Must've been a thrill for our favorite face stealing batshit insane assassin to be so close to a potential target and have him be none the wiser.

Come on now, Tyrion is clearly Kevin Sullivan. Really good at his job yet someone else always gets the credit, booked his own way into messes.  They even line up height wise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roman said:

The Mountain is Stan Hansen and The Hound is Vader.

I'm not looking forward to the Cleganebowl episode where the Mountain potatoes The Hound and Sandor has to pop his eye back into the socket and continue with the match.

I prefer to think of The Hound as Terry Funk because the image of Sandor stooging like Terry Funk amuses me. I also can see him smearing motor oil over himself and saying "this is how a real Braavosi takes a bath!"

James