DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

The thing is, Littlefinger is a guy who is totally sleazy but yu like for some strange reason. Even when he is jerking around other characters you like you're still kinda like "you do you Brother Baelish!". Tully isn't like that. There was just something about Tully that made you hate him. Not love to hate him, just not like him at all. He's like the rich entitled kid trying telling his buddy that he shouldn't be dating Molly Ringwald, a guy that is infinitely punchable.

Better suite as a manager than an in-ring guy but wil lstill  bump like a freak. So I figured JJ Dillon worked but honestly... he's closer to Heenan 

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

She's Russo, then.

If Mad King Aerys was Bischoff and Tywin was Vince, Cersei = Steph and Jaime = Shane sort of works. But Tyrion being Hornswoggle? Nah.

Could Tyrion be Herb Abrams? Because I'd to think he's Jeff Jarrett

James

I've had a thought. See the serving girl who unmasked as Arya before killing Walder? There's every possibility that in the earlier scene where she was eyeing up Jaime, she wasn't Arya - just a serving girl who liked Jaime. And then, offscreen, Arya killed her and took her face, purely as a means to an end.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AxB said:

I've had a thought. See the serving girl who unmasked as Arya before killing Walder? There's every possibility that in the earlier scene where she was eyeing up Jaime, she wasn't Arya - just a serving girl who liked Jaime. And then, offscreen, Arya killed her and took her face, purely as a means to an end.

IMO, It was Arya the whole time.  The show really sucks when it comes to documenting time, but we know from all of Arya's assassin training that it takes a bit of time to properly prepare the flesh mask for use and train the voice to mimic the victim's speech.

Now she knows why her first chore while training with the Faceless Men was washing corpses. 

Walder not recognizing the girl at first glance made me surmise that she wasn't a member of the original keep's staff and she obviously wasn't a Frey servant.  Some poor random person that Arya met on the way to Riverrun and kacked so that she had a cover identity to use when she infiltrated the keep..

34 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That's why you should always go with Bronn. 

I think the cute little wink to Jaime was Arya half staying in character and half sending the You And Your Sister Are Next message. 

Must've been a thrill for our favorite face stealing batshit insane assassin to be so close to a potential target and have him be none the wiser.

Come on now, Tyrion is clearly Kevin Sullivan. Really good at his job yet someone else always gets the credit, booked his own way into messes.  They even line up height wise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roman said:

The Mountain is Stan Hansen and The Hound is Vader.

I'm not looking forward to the Cleganebowl episode where the Mountain potatoes The Hound and Sandor has to pop his eye back into the socket and continue with the match.

I prefer to think of The Hound as Terry Funk because the image of Sandor stooging like Terry Funk amuses me. I also can see him smearing motor oil over himself and saying "this is how a real Braavosi takes a bath!"

James

Arya is Ambrose yeah?

The Sand Snakes of Dorne are ths Social Outcasts.

Hound is Kane. Brother burned him in a fire and all that.

Snow is Balor. Part hero, part demon. Took some time to build the momentum.but is now a favorite.

Oberyn is Eddie Guerrero. The most charismatic guy on the show who slay the beast but was taken from us too soon.

Gendry is JTG. Young and has potential but clearly the writers forgot he exists.

Dany is Cena. We have been told she is the #1 face for years but its getting old.

The Dragons are Brock Lesnar. Unstoppable monsters who only show up every now and then to wreck house.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Oberyn is Eddie Guerrero. The most charismatic guy on the show who slay the beast but was taken from us too soon.

When I read the books (in 2002), I pictured Oberyn as looking a lot like Eddy. 

I love that it ends with the main theme motive. It becomes almost like a character...like whatever else was going on, when it comes down to it the grind of that endless turning melody never goes away and once it shows up  you're back in the great terrifying game.

It's not just a loud eruption of sound at the end.  It's the loud eruption of the sound of the show underlining itself.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm not looking forward to the Cleganebowl episode where the Mountain potatoes The Hound and Sandor has to pop his eye back into the socket and continue with the match.

That's not even the worst injury the Mountain has caused, nor the worst injury the Hound has suffered.

And yeah, Oberyn is totally Eddy Guerrero.  Viper v. Mountain was basically Eddy v. Brock if Eddy got too cocky at the end.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I see the Hound more as Harley Race. 

You cunts better make sure when you hand him is barrel of meade that the uncorked side is pointing in the right direction or they'll be hell to pay.

I haven't read the books and I've never re watched and episode so a lot of these "houses" and people get to be too much for me. When I go three seasons without seeing someone I tend to forget about them. So my question is why is the Red Woman on Arya's list? What would she have done to the Starks? I thought the brothers were too busy fighting each other when all hell broke loose in Kings Landing and the Red Woman has been with Stannis from the start hasn't she? So what would she have done to Arya? 

5 hours ago, Stennick said:

I haven't read the books and I've never re watched and episode so a lot of these "houses" and people get to be too much for me. When I go three seasons without seeing someone I tend to forget about them. So my question is why is the Red Woman on Arya's list? What would she have done to the Starks? I thought the brothers were too busy fighting each other when all hell broke loose in Kings Landing and the Red Woman has been with Stannis from the start hasn't she? So what would she have done to Arya? 

When Arya was with the Brotherhood without Banners they sold her friend Gendry to The Red woman. She got pissed and ran away then the Hound kidnapped her.

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

If you aren't down with Team Stark Arya has two words for you:

[Valar Morghulis]

I'm gonna spell it out for ya:

[Crowd] VEEEEEE  AYYYYYY  ....ELLLLLLLL..um....AWUUUA...R..ARAAAM.......mhau...grhah>...auhggh.....aaughroanhgralla.........

ULIS!!!![/crowd]