DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

More observant people than me are pointing out how much Cersei's amazing new outfit she had made for trial day:

opugrvbqv0zycdgpmor8.jpg

is essentially the girl version of Tywin's regular kip

tywin2.png

which would seem to indicate that, whether or not she was planning on Tommen's demise, she was certainly resigned to it, no longer mourning it, and planning on moving forward from it.

This is also a nice bit from a io9 recap:

"When Jaime stares at the dead-eyed Cersei on the Iron Throne, I don’t think he sees his sister. He sees a mad queen."

gufybarl0hgo3ra5clh2.png

• Like 1

Varys must have a speedboat.  Essos to Dorne and back to be on board HMS Golden Dragon in time for the invasion!

Loved Mini Mormont being the most badass new character.

Would love Jorah to get cured of the grey scale, ride back to Mereen and meet up with Daario and be like "hey Daario, where's Khaleesi? Oh wait, you got friend zoned too? Shit"

My point, on the other hand, is the utter lack of any one to confirm that they did marry.

Of course, in universe, only Bran knows any of this at all. Jon has no practical claim to the throne regardless, everyone that could voice his claim, bastard or otherwise, is dead. 

This is about riding dragons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

My point, on the other hand, is the utter lack of any one to confirm that they did marry.

Of course, in universe, only Bran knows any of this at all. Jon has no practical claim to the throne regardless, everyone that could voice his claim, bastard or otherwise, is dead. 

This is about riding dragons.

I, for one, am happy to be in a world where evidence learned as hearsay from a bleeding tree is not admissible.

• Like 3

If only there was some person that has served the Targaryen Family that could've been privy to a secret marriage and birth and possibly produce documents to confirm as such.

Spoiler

CPONsPRWoAARjlu.jpg

I mean, it's impossible, right?

And while the show didn't totally establish things, basically the jist is that the Targaryen's did whatever the fuck they waited Faith wise because as the Royal line, they were above the laws of the faith, especially one they didn't practice.  So while they didn't practice polyagamy to be nice to the Faith, there was no law stopping them because they WERE the law,  (which is also why no one ever bothered them for practicing incest for almost every generation.)  So it's possible that the marrage is legit and legal under that particular Faith.

• Like 2

I kind of got the sense he was going to be stifled by some stupid rules where he has to apprentice for ten years before he can read a book or some dumb shit.

But it would be a nice change of pace if the intellectuals of this horrible world behaved smartly and usefully instead.

3 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

If only there was some person that has served the Targaryen Family that could've been privy to a secret marriage and birth and possibly produce documents to confirm as such.

Reveal hidden contents

CPONsPRWoAARjlu.jpg

I mean, it's impossible, right?

And while the show didn't totally establish things, basically the jist is that the Targaryen's did whatever the fuck they waited Faith wise because as the Royal line, they were above the laws of the faith, especially one they didn't practice.  So while they didn't practice polyagamy to be nice to the Faith, there was no law stopping them because they WERE the law,  (which is also why no one ever bothered them for practicing incest for almost every generation.)  So it's possible that the marrage is legit and legal under that particular Faith.

Still skipping the main point: we have no evidence there was a marriage.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

do we think Jon actually IS.. 

Hide contents

Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised. "Promise me, Ned".

Not really a spoiler but it fits right?

Jon or Dany.  Reborn of salt and smoke when the red star bleeds could fit either of them with the red star finally falling into place for Jon (the sword in that picture is rumored to have been made out of a fallen star or some such). 

Obviously Dany has him on the dragons bit.

If you separate the two prophecies it could be both. Melissandre is the only one who uses the terms interchangebly in the books and she isn't the most reliable source. Prince that was promised = Jon -- Azor Ahia = Dany perhaps?

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Still skipping the main point: we have no evidence there was a marriage.

I mentioned the circumstantial stuff earlier... Why else would the Kingsguard be there?  You wouldn't think the best warriors in the world would be protecting a dead prince's bastard. Ned is coming to rescue Lyanna after all.

Only way we can confirm it is through Bran, probably.  Not that it matters that much anymore considering a bastard is now King of the North and a Lannister is sitting on the iron throne.  

Of course it matters in the inevitable Dany/Jon confrontation, but there is a solid chance we will get the answer and the characters wont.

edit: But yeah you're right it would be hard for any character we know to provide proof. The Varys theory is cool though.  That would be epic, but I imagine his actions would have been different if he was aware of Jon.

Correct me if I'm wrong: The map we've been seeing in the opening credits is built into the roof of the Citadel library.

• Like 1

What if Sam uncovers proof of a marriage union through some citadel document!?!? A peice of Targ history lost to the west when the kingdom fell. 

We already know Robert was re writing history on the fly.  

49 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Sam is there to uncover secrets to forging and white walker business but I'm not opposed to other things.  Shit, I could watch an entire episode of Sam digging through the Citadel.

Unless there's some Red Preist's with higher level magic than we've seen and Sam finds a real highly skilled Blacksmith, and the Dragon's light fires for said Blacksmith,  you can safely rule forging more Valyrean blades out.

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Unless there's some Red Preist's with higher level magic than we've seen and Sam finds a real highly skilled Blacksmith, and the Dragon's light fires for said Blacksmith,  you can safely rule forging more Valyrean blades out.

Hello, Gendry.