DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I think if an of the core don't make it to the battle that matters it will hurt.

If any of Tyrion, Dany, Arya, Jon somehow don't even get to the main event it's one of those "why did we spend so much time building them up" things then.

That said, its already a pretty crowded main, what with Bran and an army of the dead also booked.  It's likely someone from that group isn't there for it.

I already see it in my mind, the White Walkers have invaded full force and all seems lost when suddenly from the sky fire rains down

Its cliche as fuck but can it really go any other way?

James

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm still bummed that Stannis, Tywin and Roose Bolton are gone.  They're killing off all my favorite heels.

At least I still have Ramsay.  A pity about Roose, though - poisoned by his enemies.

Enter Randyll Tarly.  That dinner scene was amazing.  I'm sad that we may not see more of him. 

Also, if I had to bet on one major character not making it until the end, right now I would pick Tyrion and that SUCKS but I just think he's vulnerable.

If they ever wanted a proper Daenerys heel turn, ordering Tyrion killed would be that way to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If they ever wanted a proper Daenerys heel turn, ordering Tyrion killed would be that way to do it.

I still think George might do this. Show might too, but George could do it as soon as they meet if he wanted to.  She could execute him for simply being a Lannister.

No idea what happens with the dragons, but I expect Bran to take control of one at some point. Maybe even Drogon while Dany is riding.

Rewatched the Hodor episode without the rush of not knowing what was going to happen.  I don't hate Bran as much as most people in the world, but the tears flowed much easier during Hodor's Last Stand.

I cannot find the link for the life of me, but it was going over the line of succession and said that, via some convoluted lines, the line of succession after Tommen actually goes through Tywin, and therefore, Cersei is actually the next to sit on the Throne if Tommen dies, since Jaime is/was in the Kingsguard.  Can that actually happen?

I don't think they let queens sit on the Iron Throne, period.  

And uh, hey Cersei and Jaime: I know you're worried about the Sparrows and all, but have these fuckers said one word about Myrcella in the past three or four episodes?  

I think they're of the mind of "Get the living kid squared away" and get their house in order before they go on the vengence quest south.

I think Jamie did mention going after Dorne last week when they were starting to plot springing Margarey.

At this point the character's logic seems governed entirely by the writer's need to get someone from one place to another. 

They're not thinking "What would Cersei's main motivation be right now" but rather "what bullshit logic can we put in her head that will allow us to get Jaime to Riverrun by next Sunday?"

• Like 3

15 hours ago, piranesi said:

At this point the character's logic seems governed entirely by the writer's need to get someone from one place to another. 

They're not thinking "What would Cersei's main motivation be right now" but rather "what bullshit logic can we put in her head that will allow us to get Jaime to Riverrun by next Sunday?"

See also Sansa's path to Winterfell last Season, paved by "oh, hey, Littlefinger and Roose Bolton are reckless morons now"

If next week's episode isn't re-titled CLEGANEAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD, BROTHERS, I will be very upset.

<3 the Hound, and seeing Zombie Mountain manhandle some Sparrows will be quality viewing.

Great episode all around. I legit thought they were about to kill Arya off right then and there. I guess she could still bleed out or something equally horrible still. I did not see that coming.

BRONN!

The Sansa/Jon scene where Sansa finally realizes she isn't in control was great as well. 

MCSHANE!!! THE HOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I wonder if they were going to use him more, but he blabbed about the reveal in the offseason and they wrote him out. Anyways, he was fucking great as ever. HOUND RAMPAGE HYPE!

Ahh didn't know that. Still, great stuff and perfect casting. One of the TV's shows best traits is the casting. 

On another note, Jon should probably tell these potential recruits that he rose from the dead a few weeks back. At least Dany understands the power of propaganda.

He will get there I'm sure.