DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Man... i was ok with some of the scenes. I thought Brienne saving Sansa was appropriate. I thought the Dorne rebellion was bloody enough for my enjoyment. Everything else was just catching us up on characters but nothing was very compelling. 

Then that last scene was just... 

Yeah, I think with the exception of Brienne finally catching up with Sansa and the business in Dorne, this episode felt more like an epilogue to last season than the kickoff to a new one.

I bet the hardcore book readers are going to lose their shit over Areo Hotah (you non-readers know him better as Um, Who's That Again?) getting got like he did.

I enjoyed it. I actually thought they were going to have Brienne go out exactly how dumbass Trystane got got, but it didn't happen and then later on Trystane turned his back on a fucking sand snake. Isn't there usually a lot of exposition in the first episode?

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

What went down in Dorne was definitely not his idea.

Other than names and a few plot points, nothing of TV Dorne seems to match where he's gone and where he's going there. 

Plus, I was just getting used to having Alexander Siddig on my TV again... :(

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thought the ending was cool?  It revealed that yes she is a witch and has been around for centuries, we thought that may be true and on the inside the episode thing they say that she's tired and second guessing herself, hasn't yet figured out where she goes from here...   but it also shows off her power some which we haven't seen in a while. How she uses her power in future episodes is a pretty big deal.

The Internet, as it will, has already caught one continuity error with the choker, as there's a scene in episode 4.7 between Melisandre and Selyse where she's naked in the tub NOT wearing the choker and, you know, doesn't look like the lady in Room 237.

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Are we supposed to believe the choker is what gives her power or can she do it on her own?

We have to believe that the choker gives her power or that she has really shitty taste in accessories. YMMV.

Well, up to this point they've managed to have it where even if one or two storylines in an episode are tablesetting, at least some of the others will be feasting at the table they set earlier, and others will be cleaning up after the meal. But now they're having to come up with stuff themselves, they're kind of falling into more of a trope TV writing style.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000654646/season-6-game-of-thrones-mock-draft

30 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

So how exactly did the Sand snakes end up on the boat?

I'm more wondering, how the hell did the Sand Snakes live through the trip and how did Trystaine not get taken to King' Landing.

Or even more, how wasn't that boat totally destroyed the second Jamie, Bronn, and Mycella's body disembarked.

Everything involving Dorne made no sense.   Everything in the North, especially Castle Black, made no sense (Bolton's play makes no sense outside of being pretty sure he has the winter to prep for King's Landing being pissy at the Sansa thing and sending an army up.)  I can understand Mellisandre having a crisis of confidence with Stannis failing miserably, guessing Jon was the right one, and  him being dead now, although they're gonna tease us with her and the resurrection (if it even is happening) for a couple more episodes.

The Night's Watch and Thorne's speech was really fucking dumb.  "Yeah, we're traitors, and yeah, Jon did the right thing, but we killed him because it would be bad for us, you'll see" and everyone being "yeah, ok, that makes sense"

Where did the dogs go? Where, where, where where? They were menacing Sansa, then Brienne showed up and they just vanished.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Am I the only one that thought the ending was cool? 

I think you are. 

This episode fell into a couple of huge tiger traps.

1. It demystified Melisandre.  NEVER EXPLAIN MAGIC~!

2. It gave in to fan service and brought Jon back.