DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Also, no Boltons are witnessing this shit?

You mean the stuff at the wall?  IIRC, it's like a couple days north of Winterfell, and the Boltons are currently quite a bit further south than that.

I think the Arya stuff could have been set up a little better. Yes, we were often reminded of what happened in the last season due to the names being recited before bed, but I imagine a huge chunk of the watching audience had forgotten all about the coin during her bonding time with the Hound.

I think the Arya stuff could have been set up a little better. Yes, we were often reminded of what happened in the last season due to the names being recited before bed, but I imagine a huge chunk of the watching audience had forgotten all about the coin during her bonding time with the Hound.

I liked that because it was almost as if Arya forgot until the dockworker mentioned going to Braavos.

Was anyone else worried a moment for Jaime during his scene with Cersei?  I was bracing myself for her to stab him all up and down just right then...she's just that mad at this point, I was thinking "She fucked with Tywin, now she's going to kill her brother and soon she'll be rid of every man in the family."

Was anyone else worried a moment for Jaime during his scene with Cersei?  I was bracing myself for her to stab him all up and down just right then...she's just that mad at this point, I was thinking "She fucked with Tywin, now she's going to kill her brother and soon she'll be rid of every man in the family."

Not even remotely. Would have been one thing if he had just freed Tyrion like he did at the end, but otherwise there is no reason for her to go that crazy yet.

I'm kind of curious to know if there's any guide or rules for how to deal with dragons.  Like, does Deanerys have some family guide book that tells you what to do and what not to do?  None of her advisers would have been involved with any of that even during the Targearyan reign.

I mean, they mention that they used dragons to, like, destroy Harrenhall. Can we get a Supremebve post up in here?

In the books, at one point (in book 2 iirc) Tyrion is reading three books on Dragonlore, and complaining that they contradict each other and he doesn't know which to believe. in the show, those books probably exist. But I doubt there are any copies of them in Slaver's Bay. If only Dany had access to a Maester or something like that...

The Dragons have been dead for roughly 150 years before the show starts, and if there are any books(or movies) on how to train a dragon Dany doesn't have any of them.  Knowledge of Dragons and the Others/White Walkers, and a couple of other subjects that may or may not be important seems to be lost, misinterpreted or written by crazy people.  Targaryen's can be a little umm...fucking nuts.  There is a old saying in Westeros that "every time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin."  Some end up fine and dandy, and some end up being nicknamed "The Mad King."  For instance, one of Maester Aemon's(Old ass Targaryen at the wall) brothers thought drinking wildfire(green shit that blew up Stannis' fleet at the Blackwater) would turn him into a dragon.  It didn't, he died screaming.  So you have the entire known history of dragon keeping on a different continent, written by people who may be less than sane, and about 150 years of history between the last of the dragons and the time when she got her dragons.  Oh, and most Maesters tend to have no respect for dragons or anything magical.  She is the very definition of on her own when it comes to her dragons.

I'm kind of curious to know if there's any guide or rules for how to deal with dragons.  Like, does Deanerys have some family guide book that tells you what to do and what not to do?  None of her advisers would have been involved with any of that even during the Targearyan reign.

I mean, they mention that they used dragons to, like, destroy Harrenhall. Can we get a Supremebve post up in here?

In the books, at one point (in book 2 iirc) Tyrion is reading three books on Dragonlore, and complaining that they contradict each other and he doesn't know which to believe. in the show, those books probably exist. But I doubt there are any copies of them in Slaver's Bay. If only Dany had access to a Maester or something like that...

The Dragons have been dead for roughly 150 years before the show starts, and if there are any books(or movies) on how to train a dragon Dany doesn't have any of them.  Knowledge of Dragons and the Others/White Walkers, and a couple of other subjects that may or may not be important seems to be lost, misinterpreted or written by crazy people.  Targaryen's can be a little umm...fucking nuts.  There is a old saying in Westeros that "every time a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin."  Some end up fine and dandy, and some end up being nicknamed "The Mad King."  For instance, one of Maester Aemon's(Old ass Targaryen at the wall) brothers thought drinking wildfire(green shit that blew up Stannis' fleet at the Blackwater) would turn him into a dragon.  It didn't, he died screaming.  So you have the entire known history of dragon keeping on a different continent, written by people who may be less than sane, and about 150 years of history between the last of the dragons and the time when she got her dragons.  Oh, and most Maesters tend to have no respect for dragons or anything magical.  She is the very definition of on her own when it comes to her dragons.

Ok, you know those things that go viral and get a million hits and trend and all that crap. We've got this. We just have to mix Dany's ending of the season with that Hiccup How to Train your Dragon guy and ... something. Let's put our heads together on this, shoot something out and get all the ad revenue. 

Stannis was awesome and then he wasn't.  He's not awesome when he's sitting around his table complaining about his shitty life while his guru burns people up and his daughter languishes in a cell.

He's awesome when he listens to someone like Jon Snow instead of getting all pissy and doing the opposite just to prove who's boss...and actually does the right and reasonable thing as a leader.

Actually, now that you mention it, I feel like I'm being a shitbird and imagining negative reaction towards Stannis, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Noun of the Noun, Adjective of the Adjective, Something of the Something and all round stand up guy. Or maybe dudes spend more time talking about the red lady's arse. Which is fair enough I suppose.

But, yeah, Davos is pretty much in my top, I dunno, 6 favourite characters in this too.

Random, probably really stupid question for book readers so tell me if it's a really stupid question but is Hodor a Clegane? I feel like it would be tremendous if he was.

I was actually worried when he went to help Tyrion escape. After showing him having sex with Cersei I thought that maybe she had convinced him to set Tyrion up for something awful for some reason.

Thank god that didn't happen because Jamie is one of the few "heroes" left and his relationship with Tyrion one of the most touching and real one on the show.

So with Tywin dead, Cersei is pretty much in charge.  She'll be Queen Regent with no one to overrule her.  Without Tyrion's brain or Tywin's connections and experience or Varys' spy network. 

She'll refuse to marry Loras, thereby pissing off the Tyrells.  She'll probably do something to Margeary too.  The Martell's will be ut for blood (disappointed we didn't get a bit more of the aftermath of Oberyn's death.  Some news of reaction or someone singing a song called "The Viper and the Mountain").

How long can it possibly be before King's Landing is in ruins? 

Poor Ser Pounce.  I hope he had enough sense to get on that boat too.

The more FSW becomes attached to him, the more I'm convinced Stannis will be the next casualty.

We've got Jae's pessimistic absurdism in which Theon will be the ultimate winner because that is literally the worst and most nonsensical thing possible vs. FSW's rational optimism in which Stannis wins because it would be both just and probably good for the world.

It's a classic Schopenhauer vs. Kant gambit.  Titanic, it is.

• Like 3