DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I did an audible "Yeah!" when Pod showed up. This show could become so many other things that would be awesome. I would watch the shit out of a Jamie/Brienne/Pod show, just wandering the land, trying to survive, getting into wacky adventures.

I don't know how closely you've been watching this one show called Game of SOmething Something...but if by "wacky adventures" you mean "Pod has the shit raped and dismembered and murdered and flayed and burned and rat-eaten and crucified and chopped up and eaten and sold into slavery and leeched out of him by every single person and thing that lives outside of King's Landing" then that could happen.

The guy is so doomed.

I wish they would give Ser Friend Zone and Dany better dialogue because it would make me care more about the One Nation Under a Slave Liberation Groove Tour. Jorah is all setups while Dany just kinda knocks em down. The first two seasons, it was quite tolerable. Now we're approaching groan inducing. He's not much of an advisor as she decides to do what she wants to do while he sternly disagrees yet obeys.

Actress that plays Margery - 32 years old.

Actor that plays Tommen - 16 years old.

Well done son, well done.

For real, Cersei going to try talking shit about Maergery and Tommen is going to reply with this...

• Like 1

I'm flummoxed by the reveal about poisoning King Douchebag.  Doesn't this seem needlessly convoluted?  

Littlefinger cajoles Ser Fatass to give Sansa Stark a gimmicked necklace that contains poison.  Santa wears the necklace to the wedding.  At some point Olenna...filches just the right poisoned stone from the necklace?  And then finds some way of putting the poison stone in Joffrey's goblet unnoticed?

Why wouldn't Olenna just keep the poison on her person and cut out the middle-Stark?  When did she have time to put the poison rock in the goblet?  And since the goblet was very openly dropped and then kicked prior to being refilled with wine, wouldn't any effective poison rock have to be either immediately placed in the goblet at that point or added to the wine decanter which was several feet from Olenna?  

I'M SO CONFUSED.

I'm flummoxed by the reveal about poisoning King Douchebag.  Doesn't this seem needlessly convoluted?  

Littlefinger cajoles Ser Fatass to give Sansa Stark a gimmicked necklace that contains poison.  Santa wears the necklace to the wedding.  At some point Olenna...filches just the right poisoned stone from the necklace?  And then finds some way of putting the poison stone in Joffrey's goblet unnoticed?

Why wouldn't Olenna just keep the poison on her person and cut out the middle-Stark?  When did she have time to put the poison rock in the goblet?  And since the goblet was very openly dropped and then kicked prior to being refilled with wine, wouldn't any effective poison rock have to be either immediately placed in the goblet at that point or added to the wine decanter which was several feet from Olenna?  

I'M SO CONFUSED.

I ventured into the spoilery thread to ask this a week ago and they said it was a way to cover Lady Olenna's ass....if anything went wrong, it would obviously be Sansa who was on the hook.  Getting her in the middle (without her knowing) was the best cover.

They may actually be surprised that Cersei immediately blamed Tyrion and were assuming that by spiriting Sansa away she would be the main (and only) suspect.

I'M SO CONFUSED.

It is kind of convoluted, but we do have dragons, zombies, blue eyed ice dudes, and now blue eyed ice babies.  The most ridiculous part is that somehow she had to know that she would have access to the goblet after Tyrion handled it.  It was obvious that they wanted to make him and Sansa the fall guys, but how did they know that he would make Tyrion his cup bearer?  She couldn't put it into the decanter because she couldn't have anyone else accidently drink the poison.  She had to put it directly into his cup.

Baelish also kinda lies to Sansa when he tells her that "a man with no motive is a man no one suspects."  Baelish not only will be in the good graces of the Tyrells for his part in Joffrey's perishing, he will have also avenged the murder of his love, Catelyn Stark.

I will have to watch that episode again because I am also fuzzy on when Oleanna had the opportunity to poison Joffrey directly. 

The episodes following Joffrey's assassination have gone out of their way to show Margaery as being oblivious of the conspiracy, so there goes the theory that she was complicit and that Oleanna allegedly provided Margaery with an antidote in case of an accidental poisoning.

I think it was sort of an opportunity thing. IT wasn't 100% that the opportunity would arise, but if it did, they would be prepared. Joffrey's such a blowhard and the people involved are so damn savvy (with, potentially, multiple people trying to achieve the same goal) that it was a good plan, even if not a foolproof one.

I think the episode covered that pretty well. Tommen is younger, more pliable, less of a dangerous sociopath. "They" (and "they" is tricky here since there are various people with various goals) still want Margery to be Queen. 

I'M SO CONFUSED.

It is kind of convoluted, but we do have dragons, zombies, blue eyed ice dudes, and now blue eyed ice babies.  The most ridiculous part is that somehow she had to know that she would have access to the goblet after Tyrion handled it.  It was obvious that they wanted to make him and Sansa the fall guys, but how did they know that he would make Tyrion his cup bearer?  She couldn't put it into the decanter because she couldn't have anyone else accidently drink the poison.  She had to put it directly into his cup.

And she had to put it in his cup AFTER the cup was dropped and kicked under the table.  If the cup was poisoned before that, the poison rock would have been jostled and lost.  

It's just too convoluted.  When did Olenna get the poison stone from the necklace?  And if the poison is just a little pebble this that, I still don't understand why Olenna wouldn't just pocket it in the voluminous folds of her gown, rather than have Sansa smuggle it in and be forced to basically pickpocket from her bare neck with her 100 year-old hands.  

SHENANIGANS!  I CALL SHENANIGANS!  Bad enough they're calling wyverns "dragons" but this is a bridge too far.

I think the episode covered that pretty well. Tommen is younger, more pliable, less of a dangerous sociopath. "They" (and "they" is tricky here since there are various people with various goals) still want Margery to be Queen. 

This.  The Tyrells still want Margaery to be queen at the side of a king who is not a sadistic shit.   Double bonus for Baelish being in the Tyrell's good graces and putting his thumb in the eye of the Lannisters.

And she had to put it in his cup AFTER the cup was dropped and kicked under the table.  If the cup was poisoned before that, the poison rock would have been jostled and lost.  

It's just too convoluted.  When did Olenna get the poison stone from the necklace?  And if the poison is just a little pebble this that, I still don't understand why Olenna wouldn't just pocket it in the voluminous folds of her gown, rather than have Sansa smuggle it in and be forced to basically pickpocket from her bare neck with her 100 year-old hands.  

SHENANIGANS!  I CALL SHENANIGANS!  Bad enough they're calling wyverns "dragons" but this is a bridge too far.

Yeah, the POV nature of the books is bleeding into the show.  There is never a section of the novels where a POV narrator is near Oleanna when she hatches the plot or prepares for the assassination, so our info as viewers / readers is only as good as the information available to our POV narrator and the narrator's reliability and personal bias.

Same shit with Agatha Christie.  You never solve the mystery before Hercule Poirot because you only get Poirot's vocal narration and never hear his thoughts about what is going on around him.

Yeah it looks to me like Lady Tyrell is going to have Tommen wrapped around her finger but I'm not sure that's even because he's a kid... she could steer any man's vessel.

Sure, if that vessel were a flying saucer..

The scene with Tywin and Tomen was deliberate snap establishment of the boy's character which is surprisingly stellar for a Lannister, Tyrion not withstanding.