DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I was wondering why Joffrey's brother popped up this episode, since I thought he was shipped away. Is he now the rightful king? Does the throne go to the hand of the king?

Tommen is still in King's Landing. And next in line.

Loved all of the character interactions at the wedding, but holy hell did Jack Gleeson turn his finest work or what?  Fucking perfect.  That might be my favorite 30 minute stretch of the show so far.

I marked pretty hard for Bronn and Jaime in the first half as well. 

They just keep pulling stuff out of their ass for Bronn to do. It's great. I'm not really spoiling anything when I say that it's a different minor character who helps Jaime train his left hand in the books. But having Bronn be the guy is SO much better.

Loved all of the character interactions at the wedding, but holy hell did Jack Gleeson turn his finest work or what?  Fucking perfect.  That might be my favorite 30 minute stretch of the show so far.

I marked pretty hard for Bronn and Jaime in the first half as well. 

Joffrey going out on a pro wrestling heel skit with those midget versions of Renly, Robb, Stannis, and Balon will have me giggling for days.

It's a pity that Gleeson is retiring from acting. I hope he reconsiders.

It was so great that the most memorable line from last week was about how only cunts name their sword...

and this week Joffrey gets a sword and immediately SCREAMS to the RAFTERS that it needs a name.

• Like 2

What's up with Stannis?  Last we saw him last season he was the only person who took the message about the White Walkers seriously and was all gung ho and ready to go and be the hero everyone says he is.

Now he's just...eating angrily and sitting around burning people...which is pretty much what he was doing all last season too.

Just rewatched it.

Gleeson was massive here and the stare down between Joffrey and Tyrion was so much better the second time around.

Do we have a clear successor? Is Marjorie in charge as Queen? I'm leaning toward this being a take over by stealth from the Tyrells.

Tommen is King.

Yep, and Cersei is still the Queen Regent, so her and Tywin are still the powers behind the throne.

Tommen is a good lad, almost the anti-Joffrey.

Stephen King "spoiling" the end of the show and then responding to people losing their minds by "spoiling" the end of Romeo & Juliet was fucking tremendous.

• Like 1

Tommen is King.

Yep, and Cersei is still the Queen Regent, so her and Tywin are still the powers behind the throne.

Tommen is a good lad, almost the anti-Joffrey.

Stephen King "spoiling" the end of the show and then responding to people losing their minds by "spoiling" the end of Romeo & Juliet was fucking tremendous.

So tempted to spoil every major movie that's come out this year for you for being such an ass.

I like how you think I'm the asshole while you're gloating that people who are invested in this show get major moments spoiled for them. Class act as usual.

No, what I find funny is the outrage over the plot being "spoiled,"  when the books have been published for years and the info is already out there and (unlike Dexter) the plot hasn't diverged too much from the source.

You may as well say that someone could "spoil" the current season of Hannibal by posting a movie review for Silence of the Lambs or spoil the ending for Titanic (the fucking ship hits an iceberg!) by opening a history book,  Jesus..

The important thing is that the Unsullied thread remains Unsullied, so I will offer you the advice you always offer me.  Chill out.

There's a difference between looking for spoilers and having someone spoil something for you. If I put a Breaking Bad spoiler in here, everyone would be rightfully upset because you should be able to read a thread about Game of Thrones without having other things spoiled for you. It's common decency. Unfortunately there isn't much of that around these days.

I refuse to believe you didn't enjoy watching this thread freak out about the Red Wedding after the fact. Why would you be happy that others were deprived of another holy shit moment?