DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Littlefinger and his rise to mayor of Balt… kings landing, 

I could see LF talking about Janos Slynt the same way Carcetti talked about Valchek. "He's a hack but he's my hack. I owe him."

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 1

I'd have to think that show Jon would wreck Grey Worm in a one on one fight. I'm guessing GW would use a spear and JS would use Longclaw. The spear would give GW a reach advantage but Longclaw is Valerian steel so JS would probably break the spear and then it would be down to GW with the short sword the Unsullied carry vs. JS with Valerian Steel. And show Jon is one of the best swordsmen in Westeros (not so much in the books from what I've read) while The Unsullied are great soldiers but not so much 1 on 1 with a sword.

• 4 weeks later...

I will not lie.  I will only be watching House of the Dragon to see who wins the scenery eating contest between Paddy Constantine and Matt Smith and for the Emma D'Arcy / Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen badass blonde girl hotness.  If there are episodes where their characters are not heavily featured or if they are killed off too early in the season, I will skip that programming.

As much as I love Grey Worm, Jon Snow would lop his head off easy.  Grey Worm would fight in a manner betraying his soldier's discipline while Jon would brawl like a wild man of the North and he would use Longclaw and the other wyrm slaying weapons at his disposal.   Advantage Valerian Steel and Dragonglass.

That and the Unsullied fight like fucking Romans.  Phalanxes are better than the sum of their parts.  I feel that Jon would have the advantage in a one-on-one duel as Grey Worm would be looking to coordinate his attacks with the fellow warriors at his side that wouldn't be there.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will not lie.  I will only be watching House of the Dragon to see who wins the scenery eating contest between Paddy Constantine and Matt Smith and for the Emma D'Arcy / Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen badass blonde girl hotness.  If there are episodes where their characters are not heavily featured or if they are killed off too early in the season, I will skip that programming.

As much as I love Grey Worm, Jon Snow would lop his head off easy.  Grey Worm would fight in a manner betraying his soldier's discipline while Jon would brawl like a wild man of the North and he would use Longclaw and the other wyrm slaying weapons at his disposal.   Advantage Valerian Steel and Dragonglass.

That and the Unsullied fight like fucking Romans.  Phalanxes are better than the sum of their parts.  I feel that Jon would have the advantage in a one-on-one duel as Grey Worm would be looking to coordinate his attacks with the fellow warriors at his side that wouldn't be there.

We also already saw Grey Worm get owned by a few masked randos. If he couldn't handle them, he's definitely not beating Jon Snow.

• Like 1

Yeah, Jon was always presented as pretty much the best swordsman in Westeros once Jamie got his hand lopped off and Barrastan was fucked off to Essos.  The only person in a straight up fight I'd say stood a chance would be Arya, and she's walking the Earth like Caine.

Book Jon... Jon wouldn't even have to fight, there'd be about 50 people lining up to fight for him, or would just take Grey Worm as a matter of course soon as they heard he had a thought of challenging Jon.  

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, Raziel said:

Yeah, Jon was always presented as pretty much the best swordsman in Westeros once Jamie got his hand lopped off and Barrastan was fucked off to Essos.  The only person in a straight up fight I'd say stood a chance would be Arya, and she's walking the Earth like Caine.

Book Jon... Jon wouldn't even have to fight, there'd be about 50 people lining up to fight for him, or would just take Grey Worm as a matter of course soon as they heard he had a thought of challenging Jon.  

The Hound would probably take out Jon. He's just as good of a swordsman and he's way bigger. The Hound only lost one fight in the whole show and that was to Brienne and he was half-dead from an infection. He easily outclassed The Mountain both times they actually had straight up sword duels. He wrecked all of those Lannister soldiers in the inn fight and was killing guys left and right at Blackwater Bay until he got freaked out by the fire. He also damn near chopped Beric in half when they had their duel.

The funny thing about Jon being presented as the best swordsman is that they don't show you much to back it up. At the Battle of Castle Black, he kills the Thenn chief by spitting in his face and hitting him with a hammer. Karl Tanner was probably gonna kill him at Craster's Keep but one of Craster's daughter wives stabbed him (Tanner) and that was distraction enough for Jon to stab him with Longclaw. I'd say show Jon's best sword fighting feat was beating the White Walker lieutenant.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...