DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up the blu ray of S3 today.

Hooray for a Lena Headey/Diana Rigg commentary.

Hooray for the return of the Stark Kids commentary.

No Liam Cunningham/red witch commentary this year. :(

Two commentaries on the red wedding: one with Robb, Catelyn and the director. One w the stunt people.

A commentary with Jamie and Brienne, but not in the bear episode.

• 1 month later...

If I just confine myself to people who have been there all along and not any of the new people who are suddenly important since the Reed Wedding. 

I'm not saying all three.  But, like in order of most to least likely, one of them will:

Jorah - seems suddenly rather expendable and this seems like a big turning point season for Danearys. Maybe a way to really force us to ask whether we still believe in her would be to have her kill Jorah for some reason of convenience.

Brienne - They have to keep fucking with Jaime, right?

either Tywin or Joffrey - It's time to shakeup King's Landing.  Tywin would do the most to throw things into utter chaos but it has to be time, right for Joffrey, right?  It has to be.

There is a little voice in my head that says "You know it's going to be Tyrion, right, you sad mope?"  But I won't listen to that shit.  Nope.

Question for FSW (and any other Unsullied), who are the three characters you think are most likely to die in season 4? This is an honest question and I promise no snarky, spoiler-y hinting at whether or not your guesses are right.

Nobody is safe. I'll go with the two Stark girls and Joffrey.

Imagine if the mods had this policy regarding trolls.

According to Belgium's Nieuwsblad, the teacher, at wits end with his noisy class, asked which of his students watched Game of Thrones. Around three quarters of the students raised their hands. "Well, I've read all the books," the teacher replied. "If there's too much noise, I will write the names of the dead on the board. They are enough to fill the whole year and I can even describe how they die."

When students in the class decided to test him, he delivered on his word, writing the names of everyone killed through the end of the series' third season, "for those who [had] not seen it." This resulted in what one student described as "a religious silence" for the rest of the lesson.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question for FSW (and any other Unsullied), who are the three characters you think are most likely to die in season 4? This is an honest question and I promise no snarky, spoiler-y hinting at whether or not your guesses are right.

I'll take a stab and say -

Tywin. He seems to be the only one that can keep Joffrey under some sort of control. If he dies then I think we will see Joffrey go totally bonkers while Cersei and Jamie are helpless to stop him.

Sansa/Shae. Possibly as a catlyst/revenge for Tywin's death. Cersei sees she is losing control and lashes out at someone she knows she can hurt. Shae can't be kept be hidden forever.

Cersei. She seems to be heading toward a pretty tragic end. I could see her commiting suicide after killing Sansa/Shae knowing that Tywin is dead, Tyrion and Joffrey couldn't really care less about her, her other children have been married off and Jamie has become a totally new person in his time away.

So Tywin dies from... something. Joffrey goes power mad knowing that no-one has the guts to stop him. Cersei lashes out killing Sansa/Shae and then, realising she is totally alone in the world she kills herself.

Rewatching the show to get ready for the new season, and... I really like the scenes of people reminiscing about Greyjoy's Rebellion (Jaime and Ned's assistant Jory in season one, Barristan and Jorah Mormont in season 3). If there's any way we can have, say, Blackfish and Thoros meet up and also discuss it, that would be awesome. It really underlines that, for people in Westeros it's the safe war to discuss, unlike Robert's Rebellion (like in the real world it's safe to talk about WW2 becuse everyone considers it just, but not safe to talk about Vietnam).

It also underlines that however much of an idiot Theon is, his Dad was always stupider, thinking he could fight all seven kingdoms by himself and win. If anyone could do some fan art of King Robert's command tent before the storming of Pyke, you've got a less fat Robert Baratheon, Stannis, Jaime and Barristan of the Kingsguard, Tywin with the Mountain, Ned Stark with the Lords of the North (including both Mormonts maybe*), Robert Arryn from the Vale, Hoster and Blackfish Tully, and probably some Tyrells and Dornishmen too. The Greyjoys were FUCKED.

* The guy who was Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who was killed at Craster's Keep last season? He was Sir Friendzone's Dad. NOT A SPOILER.

I would guess the following myself and realize that I am probably way off with these:

Joffrey: With all of the power plays going on around him combined with the Royal Wedding, now just seems like the time where he actually meets his demise.

Sir Davos: He has barely escaped the claws of death multiple times throughout this series already, so I can see that finally coming at the end of this season.

Brienne: I think her involvement with Jaime might finally mean her demise.