DVDVR Message Board

RIP Gene Wilder age 83

odessasteps

As the universe tends to move in its own unique synchronicity, two of my favorite films (guilty pleasures, really) when I was younger - "Haunted Honeymoon" and "Adventure of Shetlock Holmes' Smarter Brother" - are coming out on Blu-ray in September.

Bought.

For some reason I don't recall ever seeing these even though I have the DVD. 

Poor Gene seemed like such a sad man after Gilda died. It's like when Peter Cushing lost his wife; I don't think either of them ever fully recovered. It's great watching those clips and seeing him crack up.

Also: Madeline Kahn was so smoking hot back in the day

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Poor Gene seemed like such a sad man after Gilda died. It's like when Peter Cushing lost his wife; I don't think either of them ever fully recovered. It's great watching those clips and seeing him crack up.

Madeline Kahn in Clue was my #1 pseudo goth crush for years until Fairuza Balk destroyed my loins in the Craft.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There seemed to be a number of people online upset that lots of folks were talking about Gene and Gilda and ignoring that he and his current wife were married for 25 years. 

• Like 1