DVDVR Message Board
odessasteps

RIP Gene Wilder age 83

I think he deserves his own post. Let us fill this with producers, blazing saddles, young frankenstein, willy wonka clips. 

• Like 4

I have so many incredible memories tied to watching this man's work, especially memories with my Dad. Rest In Peace Sir, you were a supreme talent.

• Like 2

@melbrooks 

Gene Wilder-One of the truly great talents of our time. He blessed every film we did with his magic & he blessed me with his friendship.

• Like 3

I honestly thought he was older than 83

He started withdrawing from public life so long ago that I assumed he was older too. 

16+-+1

There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there, you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

• Like 2

I take all day off from the internet and come back on to this. Well, fuck you, world. 

TCM announced sept 29 as Tribute to Gene Wilder including

Young Frankenstein 

Start the Revolution without me

The frisco kid

Bonnie and Clyde

• Like 1

Another sad passing in 2016. Gene Wilder's great performances as Willy Wonka and Dr. Frederick Frankenstein. Young Frankenstein is my favourite Gene Wilder film and one of the best ever comedies. Abby...Normal!

In some heavenly saloon, Alex Karras said, 'Never mind that shit. Here comes Wilder!'

As the universe tends to move in its own unique synchronicity, two of my favorite films (guilty pleasures, really) when I was younger - "Haunted Honeymoon" and "Adventure of Shetlock Holmes' Smarter Brother" - are coming out on Blu-ray in September.

Bought.

For some reason I don't recall ever seeing these even though I have the DVD. 

Poor Gene seemed like such a sad man after Gilda died. It's like when Peter Cushing lost his wife; I don't think either of them ever fully recovered. It's great watching those clips and seeing him crack up.

Also: Madeline Kahn was so smoking hot back in the day

I looked up his Wiki and his mom also died of ovarian cancer. What a double whammy. Surprisingly, he did remarry and died peacefully while holding hands with his wife while listening to his favorite music. He also dated both Kahn and Teri Garr... lucky bastard.

You mother fuckers forgot a masterpiece.  Here is the only use of blackface that I have never found to be offensive.

SHEEEIT, DAS MY MAN~! has never ever left my lexicon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Poor Gene seemed like such a sad man after Gilda died. It's like when Peter Cushing lost his wife; I don't think either of them ever fully recovered. It's great watching those clips and seeing him crack up.

Madeline Kahn in Clue was my #1 pseudo goth crush for years until Fairuza Balk destroyed my loins in the Craft.

I so need to rent Clue again. I haven't seen it since I was a young kid when I wasn't really able to respond to it properly, I just rented it because Clue was my favorite board game as a kid.

Kahn crushes it in Clue.

tumblr_mtozo8og931r83n9go1_500.gif

• Like 1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There seemed to be a number of people online upset that lots of folks were talking about Gene and Gilda and ignoring that he and his current wife were married for 25 years. 

• Like 1

You can't be surprised that he remarried as he'd already been married like three times. Then again, he was out of the public eye (as in not acting) for so long it's no wonder the general public didn't know. Hell I didn't know he was in his 80s.