DVDVR Message Board

Goldust is the best in the world. JBL tearing into AJ was great. I think her disrespecting Lawler set him off. 

"I'm 26, Jerry.  I think I'm a little too old for you."

She's got balls to go into that little clique and shit on their buddy and then trade jabs with them.  They circled the wagons and she held her own.

She's so much more ambitious on the mic than almost anyone else.  It's a man's world motherfuckers and AJ Lee is down for that shit!

• Like 8

I have no fixed feeling on the show as a whole.  I don't know what to make of the finish.  On the one hand I like that they did something different and it got over huge.  On the other hand I didn't think it was particularly outstanding and I think until the match at the ppv it's really hard to say a whole lot about the broader direction of the angle.  

Booker T having a Birds and Bees discussion with Big Show (Booker is clearly the Gerry Brisco of this angle), just after that strange segment where The Shield raped Christian was strange.  

I love Santino and I enjoyed that blip of a match but man do I hate that Cesaro took the fall there.  

I hated all the Heyman/Axel/Punk stuff.  It's not really any of their faults is just I think all of them are in a bad position right now.  They are all trying it's just not working for me at all.  

Goldust v. Orton was a ton of fun and pretty much exactly what I wanted.  Maybe one more near fall for Dustin, but it's hard to bitch. Very strong tv match. I enjoyed his promo work too.  

Main event was good as a match, though I still feel like these guys are falling a bit short of what you would expect them to do together (Bryan and Ambrose that is).  

HHH shitting on Edge's WON HoF candidacy at the top of the show may have been the non-Rhodes highlight of the week.  

• Like 1

Goldust is the best in the world. JBL tearing into AJ was great. I think her disrespecting Lawler set him off. 

"I'm 26, Jerry.  I think I'm a little too old for you."

She's got balls to go into that little clique and shit on their buddy and then trade jabs with them.  They circled the wagons and she held her own.

She's so much more ambitious on the mic than almost anyone else.  It's a man's world motherfuckers and AJ Lee is down for that shit!

I think she was on the verge of crying. Man when she knew the exact number of times she main evented Raw, she hung herself. You need a certain amount of tenure to make fun of Lawler. 

• Like 1

Really, could we have possibly hoped for a better Dustin showcase than that? It was bizarro land. They built him up with video packages through the show. I liked how he was so quick with his strikes that the camera switches were absolutely failing to miss them like they usually do.

• Like 1

There was some hilarious shit on this program.

Triple H and Edge's back and forth made me laugh. Shooty sure.. but it was hilarious stuff.

AJ and Lawler? what was up with that? "Jerry, I'm 26 I'm a little too old for you.."

Then Cesaro is about to clobber Santino and says "you piece of shit!" and the mic picked it right up.

Goldust/Orton was cool.

AJ Lee on commentary was amazing as well. Got her angle across, buried Lawler over not watching the show, totally outclassed JBL. She is so fucking great. JBL hung up on her tats was odd.

I'd love to see her have a verbal feud with JBL.  They both seem good at thinking on their feet and are pretty viscious when provoked.

Plus JBL thinks he the smartest motherfucker in the room...and he's pretty clever.  But not so much that he's untouchable.  She might just bloody him up.

I didn't see anything between The Giant Swing and the main event because of stuff.I liked the beginning a lot. Great set up and usage of Edge. He was able to speak his mind but, naturally, his best friend paid for it. Great dickish heel stuff. I loved how The Shield dragged Christian's carcass out. I could just see it backstage -- HHH giving a nod as soon as Edge started mouthing off, The Shield running into the face locker room and grabbing Christian and just rolling him.I thought Bray/Dolph was a good quick match. Not a classic but it got Bray over. But man, what the hell happened with Dolph? 

I thought AJ was excellent. Screw JBL and Jerry for trying to bury her. She went right back at them like she should do. "Watch the product." That was awesome.Main event was pretty great. Big Show didn't do their bidding. It gave Daniel an opportunity to hulk up, knock some of Randy's teeth out of place with his flying knee, and walk out champion.

My favorite segment though was Paul Heyman rolling out all these Jewish tropes. The doctor's name and the "my father is a personal injury attorney" was the ultimate troll bait for kids gathered at the Yeshiva dorm lounge. So funny.

I think Lawler felt sorry for AJ and kept the gloves on somewhat. Also fortunate nobody followed up by saying she looks likei an eleven year old. She is turrible on the mic.

man,that totally isn't what happened. She owned all 3 of them effortlessly. And I really like JBL.

The nice thing is that their making fun of her (maybe accidentally) played right into her character.  Her thing right now is that she's sick of everyone treating her side of things like a pajama party.  She does take that shit seriously.  She fucking counts up her wins and losses like any real (read: male) indy nerd would.

So when they played their "what a stupid kid" card on her for that, it just reminded us that the announcers are cynical and treat the women's division like a joke, and it makes her hate the "divas" that much more for allowing it to become a joke.

• Like 2

I think Lawler felt sorry for AJ and kept the gloves on somewhat.Also fortunate nobody followed up by saying she looks likei an eleven year old. She is turrible on the mic.

man,that totally isn't what happened. She owned all 3 of them effortlessly. And I really like JBL.

In what world? Her delivery was awful on the pedo crack. That is like botching a kick to the balls.Taz: I'm surprised you're here Lawler, the high school prom is tonight.