DVDVR Message Board

Eights pages in and apparently AJ Vs. Lawler is the hot topic heading into the PPV.  I saw it coming.

I applaud them for not destroying a modern flatscreen tv in the Big Show/Stephanie segment.  You can't recycle those CRT bricks anyway.  I like it when Stephanie plays the bully.  She's good at kicking people when they're down; my favorite trait.  We need a Ryback and Stephanie segment immediately.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

I hate what they're doing with Show at the moment, that was the one negative about Raw (apart from the usual crap 'distraction' finish). He looks pathetic. For a 'seven foot five hundred pound' monster they've sure done a shit job of presenting him like one for . . . his entire career. A heel turn won't mean anything now he's already turned 893 times. It's a shame cos he's a quality performer.

Tossing a tube TV around is more impressive anyway.

No kidding.  Even I could probably pick up a 42" flat screen and toss it a few inches, but those old school TVs are fucking heavy.

I don't understand why people are giving AJ so much shit for her "I'm too old for you" crack, when Lawler's "you're too ugly for me" response was a lot meaner.

Eights pages in and apparently AJ Vs. Lawler is the hot topic heading into the PPV.  I saw it coming.

I applaud them for not destroying a modern flatscreen tv in the Big Show/Stephanie segment.  You can't recycle those CRT bricks anyway.  I like it when Stephanie plays the bully.  She's good at kicking people when they're down; my favorite trait.  "How does it feel...to be a loser?"  We need a Ryback and Stephanie segment immediately.

"They say you should never kick a man when he's down, but, really, tell me a better time to kick a man?  It's easier!" - Bobby Heenan.

• Like 2

No kidding.  Even I could probably pick up a 42" flat screen and toss it a few inches, but those old school TVs are fucking heavy.

And then he kicked it across the room like a football. That would break a normal humans foot.

I applaud them for not destroying a modern flatscreen tv in the Big Show/Stephanie segment.  You can't recycle those CRT bricks anyway.  I like it when Stephanie plays the bully.  She's good at kicking people when they're down; my favorite trait.  "How does it feel...to be a loser?"  We need a Ryback and Stephanie segment immediately.

"They say you should never kick a man when he's down, but, really, tell me a better time to kick a man?  It's easier!" - Bobby Heenan.

My god imagine how great prime Bobby Heenan managing Ryback would have been

• Like 1

HHH saying "Well allow me to retort..." and Booker giving Bryan a PG version of the "fuck pride" speech, this can only mean that Vince finally saw Pulp Fiction. Absolutely LOVED Cesaro vs. Santino and loved the HHH/Edge interaction.

Summer Rae's legs, Bryan and Shield are the stars of Raw every single week and I am perfectly fine with that.

• Like 2

I don't understand why people are giving AJ so much shit for her "I'm too old for you" crack, when Lawler's "you're too ugly for me" response was a lot meaner.

Telling a pretty, young, fit woman that she's ugly is mean but most people recognize it as a wounded Lawler just taking a blind shot back at her.  AJ with the "I'm too old for you" crack is bringing up his history with younger women.  Including allegations and legal proceedings dealing with him being with underage girls.  Fair shot or not her line is pretty damn mean too.

I watched Raw off and on from like 2005-2010 and didn't start watching it more consistently until as of late, but Lawler has gotten progressively worse at his job. I agree with whoever said that he was awesome in '99 (heel corporate shill Lawler was the most natural I've ever heard him as an announcer) but once he turned face, it started a slippery slope. When he left in 2001 and didn't come back until the end of the year as pretty much a full fledged face, it just started getting worse and worse. He's pretty much unlistenable at this point. I don't know how much of that is age or just because Vince (allegedly) yelling in everyone's ear that it's just zapped him of his desire, but it's time for him to go. Florida State got rid of Bobby Bowden. Texas is gonna get rid of Mack Brown. It happens.

I don't think WWE gets rid of Lawler because it might make the company look bad (as someone mentioned before), but it's definitely time for him to step aside.

I was really happy when Jerry survived his heart attack.  I was very disappointed that he didn't take it as a sign that it was time to go home and enjoy retirement and the perks of getting the huge pop for showing up twice a year.

Hell of a show live. First wrestling show I've been to since RoH's Northern Navigation back in 2007. Goldust-Orton and Amrbose-Bryan were just the best. Some solid stuff otherwise too.There was a guy in a Randy Savage outfit, so if you heard Savage chants? That's why. If you heard "Kill the Miz" chants, that was my section.Also, post-show Heyman/Axel had a match with Punk. Nothing match, but beforehand Heyman came out, said he was going to drop a pipe bomb about CM Punk, then sat cross legged in the middle of the ring and cut a promo. Part of which was "Since all you Canadians are godless heathens, you probably don't know that the Eleventh Commandment is 'Thou shalt not chant CM Punk'" Paul Heyman is the best.

Lawler has put forty years in and is entitled to a degree of respect from people on the roster that have not even worked a decade.

AJ's trying hard to make the belt and the division mean something, even if it's not your cup of tea. And the first comment out of Lawler's mouth was to try to reduce her to tits and ass. To ignore that would have killed her.

Guys, this part of the thread sure is great.  But here's my new twitter for my Lawler joke:

@Sep9LawlerJoke

I tried to follow Dean Ambrose.  But I think instead I just tweeted his name.  This is more complicated than I thought but it's worth if for the joke.

• Like 1