DVDVR Message Board

It's sort of a tricky place for WWE to be in. The best way to get Bryan away from Orton for many months (which is necessary in the same way keeping rock and Austin apart in 98 was) is to turn Show on him. They've done it already two times in the last two years in similar situations. I think they have to be playing with everyone's expectations that Show will turn. 

They can tease Show turning, but turn someone else instead (Corporate Cody?) and perhaps do an Orton-Show program to portray Orton as a guy who can beat anyone while keeping the champ occupied.

Part of me still wants the Ted Jr. retirement to be an internet-working thing so we end up with Corporate Legacy

Just plug in Bo Dallas.

Man, someone needs to.  He's Bo-ring

• Like 1

It's sort of a tricky place for WWE to be in. The best way to get Bryan away from Orton for many months (which is necessary in the same way keeping rock and Austin apart in 98 was) is to turn Show on him. They've done it already two times in the last two years in similar situations. I think they have to be playing with everyone's expectations that Show will turn. 

They can tease Show turning, but turn someone else instead (Corporate Cody?) and perhaps do an Orton-Show program to portray Orton as a guy who can beat anyone while keeping the champ occupied.

Part of me still wants the Ted Jr. retirement to be an internet-working thing so we end up with Corporate Legacy

Just plug in Bo Dallas.

Man, someone needs to.  He's Bo-ring

What about Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel?

C'mon - we're 12 pages in and it really isn't clear that the whole AJ/Lawler/JBL segment was scripted or at least conceptualized?  It's much easier for me to believe that the segment of insults was designed to achieve the desired result (i.e. this discussion) than it all came off the cuff with JBL defending Lawler from the lightning-sharp wit of AJ on live television.

C'mon - we're 12 pages in and it really isn't clear that the whole AJ/Lawler/JBL segment was scripted or at least conceptualized?  It's much easier for me to believe that the segment of insults was designed to achieve the desired result (i.e. this discussion) than it all came off the cuff with JBL defending Lawler from the lightning-sharp wit of AJ on live television.

Considering everything is scripted to the point where Stone Cold won't come back to do things unless they agree to not script him, of course AJ was being fed lines. It is foolish to believe otherwise. It is also foolish to believe that when the writers were using AJ to take a dig at Lawler's past they were doing so to generate discussion about gender roles in wrestling on an internet message board. 

I definitely think this. HHH said in the Grantland interview that if anyone went off-script they'd have their mic turned off immediately. I'd imagine that would also lead to a very justifiable and immediate firing. I doubt what they said was scripted (wrestling works best when it has an improvisational feel) but this was definitely mapped out. Good for them, too. They're giving smart fans (as in employable people who have read a book within the past three months who also have abstract thought processes who also like wrestling) something to discuss and analyze. AJ and the Corporate Faction Better Business Bureau are two angles that actually have depth. The slugs can enjoy the whole I HOPE DANIEL BRYAN BEATS RANDY ORTON! part of it while those of us who have things like an education can talk about the different nuances and greater metaphors the stories are representing.AND, as a plus, the actual wrestling itself is fucking awesome right now.

• Like 1

I think Orton gets overlooked for being great in the match last night. He has enough presence that he can make the situation is hopeless. But just vulnerable enough you believe he can lose at anytime. That is a difficult balancing act to make work and there is not another guy on the roster that can do that. The RKO crushing dreams so immediately was great and Dust took a great bump for it. Very immediate, instead of making a big production. 

This is the first time I've watched a non PPV without reading the results first in years. One of the few shows I've watched whole (excusing the filler like recaps, divas matches, PPV ads) since the Edge vs. Kane w/Paul Bearer feud killed Smackdown for me. That being said, I enjoyed seeing HHH shit all over Edge and call the idea of Edge being a legend a joke.

Goldust/Orton was fun, and I liked HHH dissing him backstage and refusing to call him Goldust. Stephanie afterwards was so nasty, I really like everything happening with HHH and Stephanie but I'm disappointed in the lack of Brad Maddox. At least Maddox got to cameo in the AWESOME Paul Heyman skit. That was maybe my favorite Heyman bit in his whole WWE run.

I was also waiting for Show to knock out Orton at the end since he was only specifically told not to touch The Shield but I guess the real ending was a better PPV build. I don't hate what they are doing with Show, but I admit to only seeing the crying bit from last week in recap form.

Interested to see how Bryan gets screwed out of the title at Night of Champions, I hope it's not Big Show related. I would however accept Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar or Barood interference

• Like 1

You guys should probably know that Bryan is losing, and Big Show will probably have something to do with it.

So if you think Bryan winning makes the angle a success, you're primed for failure.

Oh, I know Bryan is losing.  Its *how* he loses that makes the difference.  

Course, he actually *could* win, and again, depends on how that makes the difference.

You guys should probably know that Bryan is losing, and Big Show will probably have something to do with it.

So if you think Bryan winning makes the angle a success, you're primed for failure.

Bryan winning and holding the belt for any length of time is just about the very worst thing they can do at this point. They set up a chase.  Why the hell would they hotshot the payoff? I don't think he should get it til Mania. Big Show for a couple of months. HHH in December to get into the Rumble. Wins the rumble. Mania. Made forever.

Bryan winning and holding the belt for any length of time is just about the very worst thing they can do at this point. They set up a chase.  Why the hell would they hotshot the payoff? I don't think he should get it til Mania. Big Show for a couple of months. HHH in December to get into the Rumble. Wins the rumble. Mania. Made forever.

Agreed.

All the defence of Lawler's and JBL's reactions to AJ's comments - They basically slut shame her on TV every frickin week and it's pretty tiresome so, personally, a few shots back across their lame bows are fine by me.  Scheming psycho = heel.  Girl who likes sex does not.