DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

RIPPA

Shit, they did, didn't they. Man that was so long ago.

I think that's my biggest problem with NXT. New people are brought in as the new, unstoppable hotness, they hold the title until they're ready to be brought up, they drop the title, rematch and lose, and then they're a mainstay on Raw or SD. 

• Like 1

I don't think it would be in Askua's character to let go of a championship. They've also set a precedent of NXT champions keeping the belt while on the main roster. I'd say just have her become so uncontrollable and vicious that Regal is forced to strip her of the title and ban her from NXT. Then one of the authority figures picks her up for their brand without considering the reign of terror that will ensue and repeat her NXT booking up until now until you have the right person take that belt from her.  

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I want Asuka to Bobby Lashley all the WWE women's belts. I'm still thinking about what the actual payoff would be, but man, it'd be so cool to see her stomping around all three shows with three different belts.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 11:44 AM, Craig H said:

Shit, they did, didn't they. Man that was so long ago.

I think that's my biggest problem with NXT. New people are brought in as the new, unstoppable hotness, they hold the title until they're ready to be brought up, they drop the title, rematch and lose, and then they're a mainstay on Raw or SD. 

I've never liked that "nXt to main roster" transition either. Sports teams don't bring up talent who were performing great and are now on the schnide unless they have a real need. I think after holding a belt in nxt a certain amount of time, you should have the option to trade the belt for a main roster spot. After all, the point of nxt, as entertaining as it is, is to refresh and strengthen the two main roster shows, and sending commodities up that are on losing streaks seems to hinder most of them...