DVDVR Message Board

Moves that should be face/heel only

Liam

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

Brainbuster and Powerbomb. Both should be done by heels only. 

That dastardly heel Liger. Granted while he's a hero to the children, he wrestles like a total dick.

• Like 1

I wonder if a guy could get heat today by turning heel and refusing to do his finisher?  Maybe set his opponent up for the finisher, grab the mic, and tell the crowd: "You came here to see put this guy away with my flying elbowdrop.  Sorry.  I'm going to win the match with a spinning toe hold and you're going to like it!"

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I wonder if a guy could get heat today by turning heel and refusing to do his finisher?  Maybe set his opponent up for the finisher, grab the mic, and tell the crowd: "You came here to see put this guy away with my flying elbowdrop.  Sorry.  I'm going to win the match with a spinning toe hold and you're going to like it!"

Isn't that what Cactus Jack was doing with his anti-hardcore bit in ECW?

52 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Was it Paul London who refused to do the SSP in WWE after Chavo Jr. got hurt from it? Isn't that what split up the Kidman/London team?

6 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Was it Paul London who refused to do the SSP in WWE after Chavo Jr. got hurt from it? Isn't that what split up the Kidman/London team?

It was Kidman, with his sloppy execution of the SSP.

54 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Isn't that what Cactus Jack was doing with his anti-hardcore bit in ECW?

Yeah, basically.  But that was more Foley railing against the hardcore style and refusing to give the fans the sort of bumps they want.  Also, that was about 20 years ago.  I'm wondering if something more traditional would work today - like if the Rock turned heel and stopped using his signature moves, and instead of the people's elbow, he adopted a World of Sport moveset and started beating people with a leglock.

Edit: The idea of the Rock doing a WoS tribute gimmick is giving me the giggles.

This idea would probably only work today as a low-card comedy bit.  Maybe Backlund is the key.  He gets a whole stable of flailing jobbers and insists they only grapple while Backlund berates the crowd for not appreciating real wrestling.  And they lose and lose and lose until they've lost enough that he's willing to teach them the secret of the cross-face chicken wing for reeeelz.  And they win for ahwile and then it all goes away when Jeremy Piven needs to promote something and beats them all at the literal same time with sleeper holds.

How about the real life equivalent of when you're playing a wrestling game and you just keep hitting the same move over and over because it's effective and your opponent can't get up in time to stop it from being done again and your brother is like, "Stop it! This isn't even fun anymore!" And you're like "It's not against the rules!" 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

How about the real life equivalent of when you're playing a wrestling game and you just keep hitting the same move over and over because it's effective and your opponent can't get up in time to stop it from being done again and your brother is like, "Stop it! This isn't even fun anymore!" And you're like "It's not against the rules!" 

Then, little brother smashes big brother's hand with a hammer. I watched it happen between my best friend and his brother. It made me really appreciate being an only child. 

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

I had someone throw a controller because I did something like that in a fighitng game, and we were in our mid-twenties at the time. . .

I was bigger than most of my friends, so I just told them every time they spammed a move in the game, id hit them with it right there in the basement. I only had to prove it once....

1 hour ago, just drew said:

I was bigger than most of my friends, so I just told them every time they spammed a move in the game, id hit them with it right there in the basement. I only had to prove it once....

However you want to explain that 'Bronco Buster' is fine with me.

• Like 6