DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS BAD HAIR VS. WORSE

piranesi

On 8/24/2016 at 10:05 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Bryan IS a moron.  Because why would anyone sacrifice 25 years of their natural life for pro wrestling?  I understand wanting to be the best.  It's admirable.  But not to where your wife is basically begging you to think of your future children.  Why would Bryan put Brie through the real possibility of having to feed him through a straw--because he had to go for one last headbutt? Where is that fair to Brie and the life she wants with her husband? It's not all about him.

The biggest difference between Bryan and Miz is that even when Bryan reached the top of the mountain, he was determined to do more.  Something beyond understanding. Be happier than happy.  Miz made to the top in his own way--and knew when to be satisfied with a job well done.

Neither way is wrong.  

True.

But Bryan became wrong the moment he started shitting on Miz for Miz's personal choices and what Miz wants to do with his own body. 

That's what that segment was about. 

After DB openly denigrated Miz and his career?  Yeah, his career choices are absolutely fair game after that.

Bryan brought that savaging on himself. Hell, I'm kind of surprised Cena didn't go after him a little harder a couple of weeks ago. 

I think the really funny thing about the Maryse twitter picture is that while they are basically mocking indie wrestling, the promoters and wrestlers on Twitter are saying stuff like "man I would love to run in a show in a building that big.  Look at all that parking"  :lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

After DB openly denigrated Miz and his career?  Yeah, his career choices are absolutely fair game after that.

Bryan brought that savaging on himself. Hell, I'm kind of surprised Cena didn't go after him a little harder a couple of weeks ago. 

But while there's still a rivalry between Cena and Bryan, they're sort of family. So they have a weird in-law sibling rivalry. So I could see Cena lightly ribbing Bryan but not going all in like the Miz did.

Daniel Bryan and the Miz hate each other since the first time they were on TV together with the Miz mocking Daniel Bryan on day one of NXT season 1. The Miz knew how the WWE system worked and if Daniel Bryan just followed his lead, Daniel Bryan would have won the WWE Title three years earlier. The problem is that Daniel Bryan would probably respect the Miz more if he saw first hand how the Miz scratched and clawed his way to the top, however Daniel Bryan met the Miz was the Miz was just on the cusp of being WWE champion and Bryan was too busy wrestling everywhere else to notice Miz's rise, so he just believes the hype that Miz went straight from the Real World to being one half of the tag champions and US Champion. The Miz has carried the chip on his shoulder for seven years from all the fans who felt that NXT Season 1 Daniel Bryan was greater than the Miz was even though Daniel Bryan was a WWE unknown and the Miz was holding two titles.

I remember in 1993, when Ric Flair was returning to WCW, Ventura and Schiavone were discussing Flair. And they said something along the lines of "When you look at RicFlair, ultimately if you take away the charisma, if you take away the Lear Jets and the Limousines, take away the Rolex watches and designer suits, take away the biggest house on the big side of town, take away the music and the ring robe, take away the interviews, take all the razzmatazz away and what are you left with? Probably the best bell to bell Wrestler in the history of the sport".

With Miz, you take all that away and  ultimately you have a bad Wrestler who has bad matches. And in all that time he's been scratching and clawing his way to the top and being a company man and all that bollocks, he never did bother to learn how to have a good Wrestling match, let alone a great one.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

I remember in 1993, when Ric Flair was returning to WCW, Ventura and Schiavone were discussing Flair. And they said something along the lines of "When you look at RicFlair, ultimately if you take away the charisma, if you take away the Lear Jets and the Limousines, take away the Rolex watches and designer suits, take away the biggest house on the big side of town, take away the music and the ring robe, take away the interviews, take all the razzmatazz away and what are you left with? Probably the best bell to bell Wrestler in the history of the sport".

With Miz, you take all that away and  ultimately you have a bad Wrestler who has bad matches. And in all that time he's been scratching and clawing his way to the top and being a company man and all that bollocks, he never did bother to learn how to have a good Wrestling match, let alone a great one.

Which goes to show that as long as you are passable in-between the ropes that's all that really matters in the end. Being a superb wrestler doesn't actually matter except to a niche group of fans who will still be at the shows anyway.

Looks like the Miz read this post 

Let's not pretend that Miz has had it easy.  Stories abound about him being bullied/hazed and writers trying to do him in because they wanted Maryse for themselves.  The dude has ate a metric ton of shit along the way.  Not once has he complained.  Not once has he spoken ill of WWE.  He's just as much of a company man as Cena.  Need someone to wake up at 5 AM and do a corny morning zoo radio show?  Get Miz.  A red carpet for some awards show needs to be walked and worked? Get Miz. Need someone to dress up as a chicken?  Get Miz. Of course he's doing this in benefit for himself.  But he has often gone beyond what's expected to promote the company.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic