DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS BAD HAIR VS. WORSE

piranesi

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently the mystery team in the tag tournament is the fucking Headbangers. No I am not making that up.

Jesus Christ, why? 

This would have been a good time to bring in 3.0 for another one-off as Jamoke 1 & 2. 

• Like 1

I'd much rather have The Headhunters.

I had no idea the Headbangers were even still active, but I guess they fit the bill when it comes to "C-list Monday Night Wars Era Nostalgia Act" that gets advertised on Every Indy Wrestling Show.

We knew Jim Cornette was to blame for The Headbangers in ROH, but who takes the blame for them in 2016 WWE? I know it all ultimately ends with Vince, but who would suggest the fucking Headbangers? Was Too Cool not available?

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know it all ultimately ends with Vince 

We don't know that. There's a pretty good chance he'll show up at Smackdown and go, "Who the fuck hired Beaver Cleavage and the other one?" 

• Like 2

As The Miz would say....AWESOME promo by the Miz. Excluding Tough Enough, Miz was always able to cut a promo but this one on Daniel Bryan tops the one walking from backstage to the ring when WWE United States Champion talking about JBL throwing him from the locker room. Best Smackdown Live since the split started,

Really like the new Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles, the silver plates and blue straps unlike RAW's bronze plates with black straps look better for these changes. Understand why the Smackdown Women's Title is essentially the RAW Women's Championship belt changing the red background in the centre plate for the blue of Smackdown Live.

On 8/26/2016 at 5:06 PM, OSJ said:

I first read that as "Headshrinkers", and thought well, I suppose that's okay... Then I saw what you actually wrote and can't imagine too many worse choices... Well, maybe Rip and Larry Oliver, considering that Rip's in his sixties and was never any good in his prime and his kid never really had a prime.

Rip and Larry are far better promos than the Headbangers ever were.  I'll go with the Olivers.  

And Rip was awesome, damn you.  Not as fun as Al Madril, but still.

11 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is she related to Carl?

Not the wrestling one

Ironically - her father's name was Carl Ouellet but not the one who worked as a Quebecer

• Like 2

On 8/26/2016 at 11:26 AM, Reed said:

Oh, and also from Jericho's biography: Batista telling Jericho, Malenko and the referee as soon as Vince left the room that he'd pay their $5,000 fines for the blading stuff was rather quite heartwarming,

Because Jericho could have afforded it, easily.

But Batista knew it might have been a different deal for Malenko and the referee.

Hey before you call batista  Mother Teresa  remember he was banging Melina while she was with Johnny Nitro.

9 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Hey before you call batista  Mother Teresa  remember he was banging Melina while she was with Johnny Nitro.

Also he paid their fines in collectible thermoses and his valuations were sketchy given the market at the time.

The referee got two Dora the Explorers, neither with intact sippy straws and you try selling those today and see what you get.

• Like 2

If we're talking wrestling bios, William Regal's book still offered one of the coldest little exchanges between a husband and wife I think I've ever read. 

*context* Regal was doing an absurd amount of booze and drugs and making himself, his wife, his kids, and everyone around him frigging miserable

*Regal's wife* "I think one day the police are going to show up at my door and tell me you died in a drink-driving crash."

*Regal* "You worry about that?"

*Regal's wife* "No. I just wonder whether I will be able to look sufficiently sad enough when they tell me the news." 

(And they're still together to this day!)

On 8/24/2016 at 10:05 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Bryan IS a moron.  Because why would anyone sacrifice 25 years of their natural life for pro wrestling?  I understand wanting to be the best.  It's admirable.  But not to where your wife is basically begging you to think of your future children.  Why would Bryan put Brie through the real possibility of having to feed him through a straw--because he had to go for one last headbutt? Where is that fair to Brie and the life she wants with her husband? It's not all about him.

The biggest difference between Bryan and Miz is that even when Bryan reached the top of the mountain, he was determined to do more.  Something beyond understanding. Be happier than happy.  Miz made to the top in his own way--and knew when to be satisfied with a job well done.

Neither way is wrong.  

True.

But Bryan became wrong the moment he started shitting on Miz for Miz's personal choices and what Miz wants to do with his own body. 

That's what that segment was about.