DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS BAD HAIR VS. WORSE

piranesi

Pro wrestling is an inherently dangerous activity and all you can do is a actively try to reduce risks, but you can never fully eliminate them. Even the safest guys can be put down by a freak accident and sometimes the crazy risk takers can go years without hurting themselves or others. But the reality is no one is going to feel physically healthy at the end of their careers and most are likely to have them prematurely shortened, safe or not.

(But cool it on the head shots and unnecessary dives plz?)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I think the thing that probably irks Miz in real life is that he probably doesn't feel great physically even working a 'safe' style. He'll feel it every day he wakes up and he'll probably be in rough shape later in life like all former wrestlers. It's not like he avoids bumping in his matches. He just generally avoids head drops and gets his hands up on kicks. He's not willing to take that shit and in return, he also doesn't drop people on their heads or hit them really hard. 

Keep in mind, Miz suffered a brutal concussion in the biggest match of his life and can barely remember any of it.

One point of criticism is his complete unwillingness to catch guys on dives.  That shit is dangerouuus. 

I don't really have a problem with guys putting their hands up. It's a natural reaction to seeing someone setting up to hit you in the face. It doesn't take me out of the action or make it seem fake, it makes it seem like a guy saw a move coming and wants to block it in some small way. Putting your hands up in front of a steel chair at the last second would still hurt like hell. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CSC said:

By using this to bring in The Revival with Arn as their manager as the 8th team in the tournament to get back at Slater.

It'll never happen, but I can dream.

I kind of hate you right now.  I mean, not really...but now you've put this idea in my head and it's never going to happen.  So now I don't get to see Dash Wilder let Zack Ryder chase him around ringside right into an AA clothesline or Arn and Dawson both hitting guys with spinebusters at the same time.  Nope, I was right the first time, I hate you now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Is it public knowledge that you hate Memphis or do you just hide that like you're an alien from V or something?

I thought it was fairly obvious when I didn't put Lawler on my list

46 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

I can totally picture Bret going on about this to a cashier at a supermarket checkout.

[It's Hitman on Sunday mooooornin']

"That'll be $5.00 sir."

"Hmmm. Five.  Like the five moves of doom, right?"

"ummm...is that something you saw on a t.v. show?"

"You know I could have beaten up Shawn Michaels any time I wanted but I was too much of a professional."

"okaaay...is Shawn someone at your elder hospice that we call to come get you?"

"You're a good kid. You're working clean and safe."

"This isn't money, sir. It's a pair of novelty sunglasses.."

[It's Hitman on Sunday moooornin']

• Like 7

So now people are turning on AA and saying they were carried I've heard it all now. They never had anything less than a good match in NXT including a pretty badass match with green as grass Authors of Pain. I guess that was Ryhno and Corbin carrying them to a great match in the tag classic last year.

I can't wait for Asuka to show up and have a few mediocre matches with Carmella and Nattie so people can say she was carried in NXT.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MADCAP said:

He's an entertainer, not a worker, and somehow Bryan, a guy who worked hard his whole professional life and took his job seriously is a moron and Miz, who was a quasi-reality star, who would get drunk and turn into his imaginary character, and who's life ambition was just to be famous....he's the smart one just because he'll do whatever wwe asks, no matter how degrading it is and because he has a semi-attractive wife.

Am I wrong in my summation?

You definitely wrong about that Maryse being "semi-attractive" shit...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, caley said:

By the way, if there were anyone who still believed this turned into a shoot, WWE just tweeted a link to "the segment that everyone is talking about".  If this had "gone too far" or turned into something they hadn't intended, it would disappear pretty quickly, not be repeatedly brought up by WWE.

True but there's the 5% chance it did go beyond what was intended and they are going to run with it anyway because it got people talking. This is a great look for the network too. Talking Smack has almost become must-see TV.  Whether it was intended or not, this could be a nice win for the network.

• Like 1