DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS BAD HAIR VS. WORSE

piranesi

I still don't understand what the stip for Ziggler-Styles was supposed to be?  If AJ won, he got a title shot.  If Ziggler won. he got added to the Ambrose-AJ match that AJ was only going to get if he beat Ziggler.  Erm, something seems off about those stips, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Guys, as of right now 538 has about a 62% chance of a Miz vs. Heath Slater March Madness final.

But that's in their "Promos Plus" model.  In the regular model, it's about 0.000000038%.

There should be a Slater v Brock rematch in march madness round 1.

4 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

How can they cast Joe as a face against a heel Miz, though.  I guess they can edit that interview but Bryan was being a dick.  Add in him dicking around Heath Slater and he's almost as bad as Stephanie at this point.

Part of Miz's gimmick is he doesn't wanna get hit in the face. All of Bryan's comments are consistent with the reasons he is a heel.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Miz is going to attempt to prove his tough guy cred by leaning into Joe's strikes and end up with an RKOpen head wound.

Part of Miz's gimmick is he doesn't wanna get hit in the face.

8565%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20brock_le

IT JUST NEVER GETS OLD!!!

and that despite the love we're all feeling for poor Mr. Chair Victim right now

• Like 5

I'm sure it was a work, but one or the other hit a haymaker and it got into a bit of a shoot.

DB had to work hard to get here, and even then, WWE ignored him during his best years. He was the most over person in the company and THEY TRIED TO TURN HIM HEEL. Meanwhile, Miz did a reality show and got a shot. Put the other in the other's shoes and it doesn't happen the same way.

Miz hasn't been injured, but Miz also doesn't work main events. He works 5-10 midcard matches. No reason to go out of your way in a throwaway. Meanwhile, DB has been expected to produce top quality matches for almost 15 years. I can't think of 5 good Miz matches off the top of my head but I could name double that in Daniel Bryan matches.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:
I'm sure it was a work, but one or the other hit a haymaker and it got into a bit of a shoot.

DB had to work hard to get here, and even then, WWE ignored him during his best years. He was the most over person in the company and THEY TRIED TO TURN HIM HEEL. Meanwhile, Miz did a reality show and got a shot. Put the other in the other's shoes and it doesn't happen the same way.

Miz hasn't been injured, but Miz also doesn't work main events. He works 5-10 midcard matches. No reason to go out of your way in a throwaway. Meanwhile, DB has been expected to produce top quality matches for almost 15 years. I can't think of 5 good Miz matches off the top of my head but I could name double that in Daniel Bryan matches.

Everybody has a different path. I wonder if Daniel Bryan had to endure the ridiculing, bullying and physical harm that Miz did simply because WWE chose to hire him? Miz took it all, kept his head down, kept working hard and made it all the way to the top. Even then influential co-workers treated him like garbage, the company pushed him way below his level, and he still worked his way out of it.

What's so bad about Mike Mizanin? Has he ever been in trouble? Has there ever been a story about him being a bad guy? Has he ever harmed anyone in the ring? No. His crime against humanity is that he has *** matches instead of **** matches.

• Like 17

I just love that in this company, which is inconsistent about acknowledging past storylines either directly or indirectly, D-Bry and The Miz still don't respect one another stemming from them not respecting one another way back on NXT. 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Everybody has a different path. I wonder if Daniel Bryan had to endure the ridiculing, bullying and physical harm that Miz did simply because WWE chose to hire him? Miz took it all, kept his head down, kept working hard and made it all the way to the top. Even then influential co-workers treated him like garbage, the company pushed him way below his level, and he still worked his way out of it.

What's so bad about Mike Mizanin? Has he ever been in trouble? Has there ever been a story about him being a bad guy? Has he ever harmed anyone in the ring? No. His crime against humanity is that he has *** matches instead of **** matches.

I would like to remind you of Daniel Bryan's first few years in WWE where he was consistently portrayed as a goat, nerd and a complete loser by a company that was promoting him.

Miz did headline possibly the worst Mania of all time...

I don't know if I ever met Miz. I'm sure he's fine for the most part in person as most people are providing you catch them on a good day. I'm not questioning his character, just his in-ring work. Mickie James is one of the nicest wrestlers I know, and I have no interest in watching her matches. Meanwhile, Arn Anderson is a total asshole and I look forward to his stuff.

It also comes down to old school wrestling vs current wrestling and where you stand on it. Miz is the emphasis of what WWE looks for in a wrestler. Daniel Bryan is the emphasis of what the IWC looks for in a wrestler. People are pissing their pants over the brand that promotes DB's style(NXT) and The Miz's style(WWE) is getting some of the worst ratings ever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

If only Low-Ki and Michelle McCool were still around...

Low-Ki is Low-Ki's biggest enemy. He was just as talented as the Punk/Joe/AJ/DB crew and fell off the planet while they became superstars. I'm one of his biggest fans but he fucked himself over.

• Like 3

Miz knew he was about to deliver the KO shot with the "why don't you quit" line.... dude started stumbling over himself to get to it ha. How am I the coward when you could wrestle anywhere else in the world if you wanted to is such a brutal, honest insult. Like, that wouldn't be insulting to most people, but it might be the harshest thing you could ever say to DB.

WWE is seemingly trying to keep him busy at the moment, but Bryan quitting and wrestling somewhere else is still a solid bet in my mind.

• Like 3

Just now, Jrag said:

Miz knew he was about to deliver the KO shot with the "why don't you quit" line.... dude started stumbling over himself to get to it ha. How am I the coward when you could wrestle anywhere else in the world if you wanted to is such a brutal, honest insult. Like, that wouldn't be insulting to most people, but it might be the harshest thing you could ever say to DB.

Bryan's mind immediately flashes back to Brie Bella stroking his forehead saying "Just stay here and be a manager or something and be my cute lil guy, ok.  I still respect you and that's all that matters."

Now, most people would stop at "Brie Bella stroking" and be like "THATS FOR ME!!!! FUCK WRESTLING!!!!!!"

But this is Daniel Bryan. That cut right to his deepest issues in life.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

Top quality matches can be had without doing the insane, stupid shit that Daniel Bryan was doing. I love the guy and run pretty much every match I've seen of his up the flagpole, but goddamn, he was a smart enough worker to get over without giving himself brain damage. Or, maybe he wasn't. Regardless, he should still be able to wrestle at this point in his life, and if he was, he and The Miz could get a damn good match out of this. That he isn't able to do it is pretty much entirely on Daniel Bryan, and that fucking sucks.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rzombie1988 said:

Low-Ki is Low-Ki's biggest enemy. He was just as talented as the Punk/Joe/AJ/DB crew and fell off the planet while they became superstars. I'm one of his biggest fans but he fucked himself over.

It's such a bummer. I was thinking the other day how much I wish he was in the CWC. :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jrag said:

WWE is seemingly trying to keep him busy at the moment, but Bryan quitting and wrestling somewhere else is still a solid bet in my mind.

With his health issues? You know there's no Indy promoter that would boo......damnit, I almost finished that without laughing!

• Like 5