DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS BAD HAIR VS. WORSE

piranesi

The belts look fantastic, the booking makes more sense, the characters motivations are easy to understand... Who would have thought they could get it so wrong on Raw while getting it so right on Smackdown.

Those new Tag Title belts are maybe the best looking belts in the company.

Yes, it was, actually. I am very not surprised they didn't replay the through-the-ropes neckbreaker where Dolph landed on the back of his head. That looked worse than the Sasha bump at Summerslam, only on purpose. 

Also, good opening Women's match and AA/Breezango was incredibly fast and solid. Even the open was better than Raw. They're turning it around a bit now.

• Like 1

That was a very enjoyable show for the most part. Smackdown has some stuff going for it. AJ Styles being all-around great, Miz being awesome, Heath Slater being awesome, an Arn Anderson cameo, some pretty fun tag teams, Becky Lynch pulling a short arm work-based match out of Alexa Bliss that was better than any match on Raw this week, not being an hour too long...

• Like 1

Dean's inner voice during his backstage interview:

"Yeeeah, you finally got the hint about wig play. And shortening.  Wait  Am I dating you? I DONT KNOW YOU!! Keep it together Dean.  Tiny people can sense confusion. You've faced this before with that alleged make a wish kid. Yeah. He wishes he had his catheters back."

-That flash Zig-Zag was pretty sweet. 

-I like Chad Gable, but stop saying "SICK". It's just not gonna happen. 

-Who woulda thunk that I would dig a Breezango match? Not me, yet here I am getting ready to rewatch it

-Carmella is trash

-I'm mad at myself for believing for a split second that AA was gonna team with Heath. 

• Like 2

This was a pretty solid show. I'm glad to see the new belts debut and they do look nice. AA/Breezango was good. I'm only disappointed it wasn't the final. AJ/Ziggler was a damn fine match as well.

I was not expecting much out of Talking Smack, but damn was Miz fantastic with that promo he cut. I especially loved the uncomfortable feel there was during it and the earlier attack on Nikki.

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Miz is cutting the best promo ever on Talking Smack.

Edit: I originally wrote "Talkin' Smack" and then realized I had it mixed up with Jason Mantzoukas' podcast "Talkin' 'Tang."

You're talking truth.  Talking Smack has been pretty good so far.  This week has Carmella jump Nikki again and then the Daniel Bryan/Miz segment.  Miz comes out upset that Daniel hasn't shown him any respect.  Daniel says that he thinks that Miz wrestles like someone who doesn't want to get hit and that if he was an indy wrestler who would have to make a wrestler who represented the "soft" wwe sytle, it would be Miz.  Miz loses his shit and calls out DB for "quitting" and that he's been here the whole time beating people. 

• Like 4

Probably the best episode of the Smackdown Live era. Between Smackdown and Talking Smack, Carmella's heel turn at least is starting with some intensity. I'll be interested to see how her in-ring style translates considering how much of it has been based around playing to the crowd. But Miz easily the MVP of the night between his segment with Heath and his Talking Smack appearance. I love the idea of Daniel Bryan sending challenger after challenger in an attempt to take the IC Title off Miz.

• Like 1

So am I crazy or was that a little shooty.

Miz was in character talking about how he is a good wrestler because he beat Apollo Creed.  But Bryan goes indy nerd and breaks kayfabe and basically says "Yeah, but you're not a good wrestler" meaning you're not a good worker and even drops "WWE soft style" which makes no sense in kayfabe.

Then Miz shoots a bit on Bryan claiming all he cares about is wrestling but he doesn't have the guts to the tell his doctors to fuck off and go back to the Indys, which as insane a thing as that is probably actually hits home with Daniel Fucking Bryan.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

Finally Heath gets to pay for that above ground pool for his two daughters, and the 12 other children!

I don't know.  It would be funny if even though Rhino is on contract he also demanded $500 of that $1000 Heath gets for each match.

I'd kind of like to see Miz do a version of that promo on every IWC dork at fan axxccess.

It should be a double thing.  Pay once and get the Rusev (or Mark Henry) hug and then get a video of yourself being dressed down by Miz while Maryse laughs at you.

I know it seems a little feitshy but it will sell.

• Like 2