DVDVR Message Board

Top 5 Active American Born Workers?

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I clearly need to see more, but after that CWC match I could see putting Brian Kendrick in the discussion

He looked like a top tier worker in that match. If he keeps working at that level he'll be my favorite wrestler in WWE(assuming they sign him).

I think Aries will have a renaissance pretty soon. He hasn't gotten much to work with in NXT except the Nakamura match (which was excellent), but his character work has been top-notch since his debut. If Joe leaves, he could easily step in as NXT's top heel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I think it'd be best for everyone involved if we just give Davey Richards to Canada in the next racial draft.

Canadian is a race now? Does that mean Andrew Huang, Drake, Rosa Mendes and Bret Hart are all the same race?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

I think Roderick Strong has a better chance of taking that spot if he goes to NXT. Aries has always seemed hit or miss for a lot of people.

Didn't Court Bauer confirm that a while back, or at least confirm as much as Court Bauer is capable of confirming? If they use him like they do in PWG without the swears, it will be a million bucks. He's such a great cocky gym rat BRO. I will miss Excalibur doing his Roddy impression, brah.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Z said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but Roderick Strong?

Unpopular or not, he is. 

I would also put TJ Perkins on my list. He was born in Los Angeles. I know some don't care for him because he's too smooth and makes everything look too easy. 

I guess my top 5 would be the usual suspects:

Cena

Hero

AJ

Samoa Joe

Roderick Strong

Richochet would probably be 6.  I really enjoy Mil Muertes, but I've seen far too many crappy Ricky Banderas/Judas Mesias matches to rank him too highly.
:

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Didn't Court Bauer confirm that a while back, or at least confirm as much as Court Bauer is capable of confirming? If they use him like they do in PWG without the swears, it will be a million bucks. He's such a great cocky gym rat BRO. I will miss Excalibur doing his Roddy impression, brah.

A "gym rat" gimmick for Roddy wouldn't fly in WWE since Vince's perception of gym rats is that they should all look like this:

211greg-1.jpg

In no order:

Chris Hero

Matt Riddle

Trevor Lee

AJ Styles

Bayley

I looked at who is having the best body of work against the widest array of workers, and not making every match feel the same.  Hero is a MOTYC machine in the last year or so, and Riddle is the most impressive dude I've seen since Akiyama at his experience level.  Trevor's CWF work alone gets him in my list, but you look at the fact that he's portraying a completely different version of himself in every promotion, and having a different working style in those same promotions.

12 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

In no order:

Chris Hero

Matt Riddle

Trevor Lee

AJ Styles

Bayley

I looked at who is having the best body of work against the widest array of workers, and not making every match feel the same.  Hero is a MOTYC machine in the last year or so, and Riddle is the most impressive dude I've seen since Akiyama at his experience level.  Trevor's CWF work alone gets him in my list, but you look at the fact that he's portraying a completely different version of himself in every promotion, and having a different working style in those same promotions.

For a second, i forgot which thread this was and thought it was the "who could beat brock?" One and did a double take when i saw Bayley. Brock is likely immune to hugging. 

• Like 1

I reckon Chris Hero is head and shoulders the best U.S. worker at the moment. A lot of people have mentioned him but I'm honestly surprised there are one or two that haven't. I'm fairly confident in putting Matt Riddle, Drew Gulak and Roman Reigns as the next three, but the fifth choice is really tricky. Styles or Cena or perhaps Ricochet, though for whatever reason I don't seem to have watched much of his work this year. TJP is a very good shout. 

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

I ain't about top five lists but mad heads sleeping on Luke Harper...

Kinda hard to list a guy who hasn't wrestled since before Mania as best right now

• Like 1