DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Thunderstruck

Rev Ray

I think Heath Slater would have become a damn folk hero if he got in one or two good shots on Brock especially after Brock said he doesn't give a shit about his kids. You could almost hear Jim Ross screaming COME ON KID BAH GAWD FIGHT FOR YOUR BAH GAWD LIFE. I also was kinda hoping after he was helped up he was going to be stupid enough to stumble back to the ring and say "I didn't hear no bell".

Wow that Roman/Rusev match was great. But fuck Roman overcoming odds at this point. He could have lost passing out to Accolade. It builds up some doubt will Roman be able to win Sunday. Now it's "gee, can Rusev even beat Roman".

Aside from that good show.

Y2JKO, Sasha's segment with Charlotte & Dana, & Slater/Lesnar were the highlights of tonight. Rusev/Roman was good though I can't understand why they did it tonight. I assume this means Rusev wins at Summerlslam.

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

So was the clause Heath got a contract if he won the match or just simply had the match?

Either way, neither happened.

I have a Texas friend online who was asking about Ms. Rainbow Bright on Facebook saying he knew her from the indies, forget the name.

Following Chris Jericho's promo, the GAA released the following statement:

"Mr. Jericho was merely expressing his own opinion and while we value all voices, we heartily disagree with his assessment of the GAA.  While we do not comment on G Certification standards or on individual reviews, we can assure you that we continue to employ the most reliable practices in G testing, and will always maintain the absolute highest standards for integrity in the industry, bitch."

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have a Texas friend online who was asking about Ms. Rainbow Bright on Facebook saying he knew her from the indies, forget the name.

She was really adorable.  I called her Miss Lite-Brite.  Which is a compliment, because I really wanted one when I was a kid.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Who is Magnum and who is Nikita?

Roman is Magnum and Rusev is Nikita.

Oh, you meant that other match that's going to be a best of 7. My bad.

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Either way, neither happened.

Delilah Doom.

I kept thinking they were saying "The Demon Kane" and began to lose interest in Kane doing his usual boring schtick.  They definitely should have waited for Summerslam to have Finn debut the Demon on the main roster.  Crowd seemed to mark for it so there's that.

So Russev and Reigns have a title match on the ppv in less than a week, but they decided to go ahead and have a non-title (or Lana's honor on a pole or whatever) match tonight?  I guess since Reigns won the non-title match he's going to lose this weekend.  If not Russev looks like a chump yet again.

Maybe the best of 7 series will end in a loser leaves town match and we get Cesaro on Smackdown.

3 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

I love Finn Bálor, but if I gotta hear heels and Michael Cole scream "Demon King" 30 times a night, they will make me hate him.

Demon Kane wasn't yelled more than 15 times a night, I think they can keep it under 20 for Finn.

Meanwhile, Kevin Sullivan remembers when you only had to be a Prince of Darkness to get TV time.

3 minutes ago, Big Fresh said:

I love Finn Bálor, but if I gotta hear heels and Michael Cole scream "Demon King" 30 times a night, they will make me hate him.

Whomever came up with the idea to call Finn "Demon King" deserves to be shot in the fucking face from close range.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

All I know is when Slater's chillren have to get a new daddy that will officially make them redheaded stepchildren.

If the former Slater family are in the market, James Ellsworth has $700, a roof, and a lot of heart. 

Unfortunately much of his spine has been shattered and he doesn't have a pool.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whomever came up with the idea to call Finn "Demon King" deserves to be shot in the fucking face from close range.

ITS BIG RED!  I LOVE BIG RED!! EVERYONE KEEPS TALKNG ABOUT HOW BIF RED IS BIG RED AND BIG RED BIG RED BIG RED!!!

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's the name! Personally, I was thinking Ms. Lisa Frank when I looked at her. 

To be fair honest, I missed the match. But I saw on Twitter where Leva Bates and others sent her congrats so I figured it was her. So, thank Leva for that one.