DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/15/16

*Taped for Xplosion: Eddie Edwards def. Baron Dax

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing September 15, 2016

*Lashley cuts a promo about 2016 being his year and he's the most dominant man in wrestling. Lashley references destroying EC3 at a BFG Press Conference making the BFG main event in jeopardy. Lashley challenges anyone in the back to face him and out comes Grado. Grado wants to prove he's not a joke. Lashley destroys Grado and says he can beat anyone on the roster so out comes Moose. They brawl with Moose getting the better of Lashley.

*Aron Rex def. Trevor Lee in round 2 to advance in the Impact Grand Tournament

*Maria Kanellis comes to the ring and talks down to Allie then says she is going to induct Gail Kim into the TNA Hall of Fame tonight. Maria shows a mock highlight video of Gail as she brings her out. Maria gives a picture of herself with the knockouts title to Gail as her HOF gift. Allie tries to give Gail a gift but Maria smashes the gift box. Dixie Carter interrupts to announce that if Maria is knockouts champion, she can't be leader of the knockouts division due to a conflict of interest. Dixie assures Gail will still get her HOF ceremony at Bound for Glory. Dixie announces a knockouts gauntlet with the winner facing Maria for the title at BFG.

*Broken Matt Hardy, Brother Nero, & Reby come to the ring. Matt discusses an apocalyptic battle with Decay last week where they did heinous acts to Senor Benjamin but did not abduct King Maxel. Decay appear and say Bram is gone because he would not join Decay, now Maxel deserves a family that is not broken. Matt says they don't fear death while Jeff says at BFG, Decay will be rendered Obsolete! Matt announces BFG will not be a regular match but will be The Great War. Decay accept, saying Maxel will join his true family.

*Gail Kim wins the Knockouts Gauntlet to earn the knockouts championship match against Maria at Bound for Glory. Prior to the match, Maria replaced Allie with Laurel Vannes (formerly Chelsea Green)

*Eddie Edwards def. Mahabali Shera via submission in round 3 to advance in the Impact Grand tournament.

*Lashley comes out for a promo. He says he fights for big money in big venues in front of big crowds so he's willing to fight Moose in the main event of BFG. Moose comes out and says he's not waiting to kick Lashley's ass so they brawl around ringside. Mike Bennett attacks Moose until EC3 runs out for the save.

32 minutes ago, MushroomJones said:

Who is Baron Dax? Not to be confuses with Aaron Rex, I hope?

Dax is the former Marcus Louis. Basile Baraka is the former Sylvestor Lefort. So both NXT cuts

And someone made a comment about how there was a lotta Billy Corgan at the tapings. There is a lot of fucking Dixie too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

So is Broken Matt a babyface?  How....? 

Anyone that might possibly put abyss through a table, or set him on fire, is likely to be cheered. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Broken Matt having to heal Brother Nero and Vanguard 1 then rescue Senor Benjamin and the ensuing promo segment was tonight's highlight. Lots of Lashley greatness throughout the night as well w/ Lashley/Moose remaining an anticipated hot rivalry whenever they do face off. Fun build to Gail/Maria at BFG

I think this might have been my favorite Broken Matt stuff of the whole run. Jeff in the lake. Vangaurd-1's flashbacks to doing landscaping with Senor Benjamin. Matt asking for a starrcade of weaponry.

Good to finally see Chelsea Green debut but that name is awful. Pope was burying it as she came out.

The empty arena brawl would have been fine if they didn't just basically do one last week with EC3 and Lashley. Plus the blood was too fake looking. Too bright. Just do whatever Ken Shamrock used to do back in the day.

Aron Rex needs some new tights. Legit looked like he was wrestling in his underwear.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

I think this might have been my favorite Broken Matt stuff of the whole run. Jeff in the lake. Vangaurd-1's flashbacks to doing landscaping with Senor Benjamin. Matt asking for a starrcade of weaponry.

Good to finally see Chelsea Green debut but that name is awful. Pope was burying it as she came out.

The empty arena brawl would have been fine if they didn't just basically do one last week with EC3 and Lashley. Plus the blood was too fake looking. Too bright. Just do whatever Ken Shamrock used to do back in the day.

Aron Rex needs some new tights. Legit looked like he was wrestling in his underwear.

Lmao agreed on Rex. I thought they did a solid job with him coming off as a bigger deal since his debut but once he's wrestling, he still strikes me as generic. The blood on Spud was definitely one of the most obvious I can remember, looked like his mouth was full just before the ram in to the metal.

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Fuck that shit...

VANGUARD 1 LIVES!

And Brother Nero too.

I admit it: I cried when Vanguard 1 came back online. Most emotional wtestling moment since Elizabeth reuniting with Macho Man at WM VII for sure.

• Like 3

Blood aside the Rockstar Spud v Toni Braxton empty arena match was pretty decent, Braxton looked like a badass which seems to be how they are pushing him.

All joking aside, TNA is one of the most fun things in wrestling right now, I legit enjoy Eli Drake, The Hardy Dumpster fire, Rosemary and Crazy Steve, Allie, Grado, Lashley, Moose, EC3, Galloway, they have a ton of upside, my big fear is that after finally stumbling onto a decent roster they either 1) finally fold, or 2) continue to die a lingering death while no one watches.

this is easily the best TNA has been since Fox Sports days.

• Like 2