DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Booking

Welcome to the site. Do you feel you sold Balboa's offense well enough in that charity match?

Do you have a specific year and promotion in your would be booker's mind you want to write up?

• Like 5

I've been saying for years that Power & Glory and The Nasty Boys should have switched positions. Power & Glory beats the Hart Foundation at Wrestlemania VII while the Nasty Boys get squashed by LOD. Then at Summerslam 1991, LOD beats Power & Glory for the tag belts. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Is there a fantasy booking section here?

Nope, sorry.

I imagine a fantasy booking subforum would look a lot like March Madness. x12.  I expect Rippa would end up hating the few members he didn't despise to begin with.

• Like 1

We should have got a Repo Man face turn, shoot a vignette where he's breaking into some guys' house to steal something, gets confronted, shoots him in self defence and runs away, leaving a family without its husband/father....until Papa Shango brings him back a week later.

Equally reformed Nailz shows him how to overcome his PTSD. 

• Like 4

What would you call a resurrected Barry Darsow?  Repo the Faceless Thompson Stealer?

And, if that angle gets ran, do we no longer get the Austin-Pillman gun angle years later?  That was filmed not too far from where I was living at the time. Austin beat up local indie guys, including one I went to high school with. I was told the next day that several folks called the local police department to ask if things we ok because of what they saw on TV.

57 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Nah, I'd have Repo Man kill a guy. Maybe not just to watch him die, just a him or me thing....and then make off with his bicycle.

Wacky reformed team of Nailz and him try to make good in a series of matches against Money Inc who owned the prison they were in.

Replace bicycle with motorcycle and you have half a dozen folks that they could use this angle with on Lucha Underground right now.

Well, next year when they film a new season, but you get what I mean.

• Like 2

Part of me wants the Fantasy Booking question to be answered with "If Gimli had turned heel on Legolas how much would have changed during War Games On Pellenor Fields?"

Fuck I'm such a nerd...

James

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Part of me wants the Fantasy Booking question to be answered with "If Gimli had turned heel on Legolas how much would have changed during War Games On Pellenor Fields?"

Fuck I'm such a nerd...

James

What would have caused the heel turn? Jealousy over Legolas getting more kills?

I pictured Gandalf walking into the middle of the screen as I pictured this heel turn.

And then I heard Heenan say, "Who's side is he on?"

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, zev said:

Welcome to the site. Do you feel you sold Balboa's offense well enough in that charity match?

Do you have a specific year and promotion in your would be booker's mind you want to write up?

I would like to do something along the lines of the territory days. Maybe have several promotions from a selected year and talent could be traded, etc..

Would the heel authority figure trope have died a quicker death had they done it with someone less charismatic far sooner? Heel Jack Tunney or Heel Gorilla Monsoon for example. How do you book it?

Outside of Gorilla Monsoon becoming an actual Gorilla post Vader-beatdown and you do the whole Gorilla Grodd/Gorilla City storyline with Shawn Michaels as Barry Allen. Of course...

On 14/08/2016 at 10:58 PM, Thunderlips said:

Is there a fantasy booking section here?

There used to be a Fantasy Bonking forum. Long time ago though.

On 8/15/2016 at 8:35 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Nah, I'd have Repo Man kill a guy. Maybe not just to watch him die, just a him or me thing....and then make off with his bicycle.

Wacky reformed team of Nailz and him try to make good in a series of matches against Money Inc who owned the prison they were in.

Repo Man kills Ax, and Smash makes his grand return to the WWF to avenge his fallen partner. Smash and Repo Man have a blow off match at one of the big PPVs that Repo wins after interference from the newly signed Blacktop Bully. 

And in case someone's sarcasm detector is broken, yes I know they're all Barry Darsow. 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Thunderlips said:

I would like to do something along the lines of the territory days. Maybe have several promotions from a selected year and talent could be traded, etc..

I noticed how you essentially no-sold the other posts given to your thread because they weren't promoting your agenda positively. How Hoganesque of you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zev said:

I noticed how you essentially no-sold the other posts given to your thread because they weren't promoting your agenda positively. How Hoganesque of you.

I figured that with a message board that creams over rating matches, would have big time interest in something like this. It's a fun exercise to me. I don't get rating matches like others doing booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimately the fantasy booking concepts may just reside within the majorly trafficked threads, so I would suggest popping into some of them and having a good look around.

Example? Look for anything in regards to turning Roman Reigns heel this year.

Or turning Cena heel this decade.