DVDVR Message Board

UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor II (8/20/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

From the looks of the first two rounds I wasn't sure if this was going four, but here we are.  That uppercut that just landed on McGregor was telling.  Diaz's plan seems to be to weather the storm and do his damage after Conor gasses.  I personally would try not to eat elbows to the head like that.

Both of Nate's eyes are swollen.  Conor needs to just keep striking and he will win this.

Crowd is booing.  I respect the gameplan even though I don't admire the tactics.   Conor is too spent to engage so he needs to just keep striking and moving and get some active rest.

Jesus Christ.  Rumble has five career KOs in under 15 to 20 seconds.  He must rub that Amazonian tree frog poison on his gloves before his fights.  That uppercut is instant paralysis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

These dudes deserve all the millions.

Seriously. That was one of the more dramatic fights I've seen. Up there with Rua/Henderson in terms of momentum shifts and craziness. Both of these guys should receive enough money from this fight that they, their children, their grandchildren and their great grandchildren never need to work a day in their lives. A third fight at 155 would be immense and the easiest thing to build based on the greatness of this fight. Fuck the pre-fight nonsense. The bell-to-bell (horn-to-horn?) action is worth all of the fight game moneys.

• Like 8

That was great stuff. I was so nervous watching the fight and I didn't even care who won. I can't imagine what a diehard Diaz or McGregor fan was going through trying to deal with the swings in emotion.

I'm not sure if I do the trilogy right away if I'm UFC. The rubber match can be done whenever. Even if both guys lose a bunch of fights in a row, everyone will still want to see the rubber match. McGregor needs to defend his damn title.

GSP? I'd rather Conor never fight at this weight again and I hope his request, more like demand, for the third fight at 155 is the first step to him getting the fuck out of 170. But it the temptation to cash in on those two fighting would be mighty strong. Would assuredly blow away the PPV buys and income records.