DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE FIVE - 2nd Round (8/9/16)

RIPPA

Goddamn, what a show.  Triple H being all "Don't worry, I got this" after the "Please sign Cedric" chants is one of the best moments of the year.

I love this whole show. Fuck it, sign everyone.  Even Ho Ho Lun.  He'll be fine after a few months at the PC.

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Goddamn, what a show.  Triple H being all "Don't worry, I got this" after the "Please sign Cedric" chants is one of the best moments of the year.

I love this whole show. Fuck it, sign everyone.  Even Ho Ho Lun.  He'll be fine after a few months at the PC.

Sure, why the hell not. Then do the super heavyweight classic next.

• Like 2

The CWC along with the amazing NXT have made me the biggest Triple H mark on the planet. I like workrate. I like the sports-esque presentation and this all seems to be his making. Vince and Steph can book Diddy vs. Kanye in a "loser-elects-Trump-on-a-pole" match as long as I keep getting Papa H's pro-wrestling for 9.99 a month, Maggle.

Add me to the old man Tajiri fan club. I wanted him to win sooo badly. The match was very good and he did the thing old men in wresting are supposed to do and did the job for the new hotness. The match itself was fantastic and at this point may be in my top ten thus far this year. Cedric was off the charts fun in this one. I'm not the biggest Ibushi fan but seeing him work as the favorite over the never-say-die underdog was fantastic.

Wrestling is fucking awesome when done right. We're getting spoiled and I love it.

• Like 9

You know, on the TNA thread I've been giving them a lot of praise lately, but after that 50 minutes of awesomeness I'm not sure I can ever go back to watching TNA.

possibly the best 2 matches I've seen this year, easily the best single episode of wrestling I've seen this year. Those matches were f'n great.

On 8/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, Smelly McUgly said:
  • Aww, Cedric Alexander. And then Papa HHH showing up like an angel to take him off to NXT Heaven while the crowd chanted YES! Dylan Waco was right: Triple H is god. 

Would that make Cedric the Little Wrestling Match Girl? 

This thread has somehow made me nostalgic for the days of hating on HHH for his political schemes.

"He stole Cedric's moment so he could get a Yes chant instead of Bryan getting them all that night."

Seriously though, two quality matches this week. Just would've liked to have seen that brainbuster earn that 3 count.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

But then we wouldn't have got the followup kick to the face which just made it all so much better.

We could've had Tajiri win with a kick to the face.

I wish I had more to add to what people have already said here. I really loved Tajiri, his awesome matwork made me realize I have no memory of him ever utilizing matwork before. Now I want to see him against Virus and work Black Terry. Even after the early praise starting trickling in on Kota/Cedric I was doubting, it's just not typically the kind of match I really love. But they pulled me in and it was a wonderful experience. 

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2016/08/wwe-cruiserweight-classic-81016.html

I think in a lot of NXT/CWC matches that really go to the "next level" for me, they have one moment were the match feel it goes next level. Like the Banks/Bayley match at Brooklyn felt it it had about 3 to the point of "can't take your eyes off it". And the Alexander/Ibushi one, to me, had it when after the Brainbuster kickout, Alexander immediately went for another killshot, which made me (and I think others as well) kinda go straight into "Fuck, I really want Alexander to win" and just go 100% in in regards of how engaged in the match I was. It was a basic spot but incredibly well done.

• Like 1

Cedric vs Ibushi built up towards the end with what McMahon had always tried to get out of his shows / lineups. His philosophy is one thst a match needs to have meaning and not just be a good match.  The fans need to be invested for something to be special. We were not invested at the start but by the end we were all hooked. I know I'm not the only one that jumped, or pumped a fist at the brainbuster -> kick to the face near falls in a predetermined match where we didn't really care who advances in a fight we had no dog in. 

Pro Wrestling is Drama 101, and Cedric aced it that night. 

He was the shits in ROH and I'm pretty sure I usually fast-forwarded through his segments. That was the best I've ever seen him and it's not even close. I'm wondering if his work in CWF Mid-Atlantic is more along these lines than the ROH Cedric.

I certainly got verklempt in the last few minutes of the match and throughout the post-match segments. He was fantastic and in a five minute stretch probably got himself a contract.

Has there been any recent word on whether Tajiri is stick around or not? He and Kendrick could really help the young'uns grow in terms of psychology and character work. 

On 11/08/2016 at 2:03 PM, Greggulator said:

I would mention the Daniel Bryan WrestleMania as an all-time great underdog moment.

Yeah but even then it was kinda Austin-McMahon stacked deck ish plus playing on the internet knowing that WWE didn't want Bryan in that spot. Name five wrestlers who went over Bryan clean between the Cena match and Mania. I can only think of Bray at the Rumble. He was steamrolling the Shield at the peak of their powers and more or less winning constantly on TV or only failing due to heavy degrees of bullshit. Bryan was played as an underdog because the deck was stacked against him despite him being portrayed as clearly better than everyone except arguably Punk and Cena.

Basically he got the WWE superpush until it was rug pulling time.