DVDVR Message Board

Hulu Ending Free Streaming

RIPPA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/08/08/hulu-is-getting-rid-of-what-made-it-famous/?asdfsdfs

After years of serving the Internet thousands of shows for free, Hulu is cutting off support for its no-cost streaming video service. To keep watching, viewers will either need to start paying for a plan or go through one of Hulu's commercial partners.

By switching to a subscription-only model, Hulu becomes a lot more like Netflix. Customers will be asked to buy into either the $7.99-a-month tier, which still shows ads, or the $11.99-a-month tier, which eliminates ads. Netflix has been moving to adopt tiers of service, as well — charging similar prices but differentiating those plans based on video quality and the number of devices you can watch from at any given time (often a must for families).

Also in the article is that Hulu and Yahoo announced a partnership

Since The Wife and I don't have cable/TV Hulu is our go to for most things an Amazon Prime Video for others. I justify our Hulu because of Difficult People and old shows like Mary Tyler  Moore and WKRP

James

I'm totally fine with this, being a paid subscriber since we dropped cable,& just hope this leads to them getting rid of the Desktop only shows that I just want to watch on my Roku without having to hook up the laptop to the damn tv.  And they really need to fix the watchlist that they recently ruined.  I don't need to be notified of a new episode of every single one of the 6 shows that played after I fell asleep on the couch last Tuesday night.