DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE FOUR - 1st Round (8/3/16)

RIPPA

I want Aichner to team with Cesaro and have them rule the tag team world while tossing opponents around like lawn darts.

I want Jason Lee's pants because they are amazing and remind me of indy wrestling circa 2005.

I want the Bollywood Boys to get booked and be given a chance to show the world what they can do as a tag team...because those two singles matches are not the Bollywood Boys I have known since they both debuted. But in that vein, I think too many of the opening matches were pitting guys that have never met each other and were more concerned about impressing the office with their shit and getting signed, instead of being focused on putting on a good show. Classic indy wrestling, to be honest. Which is why the Gargano/Ciampa match was doubly great because neither guy is fighting for a spot and the two are so comfortable with each other: they were given an opportunity to kill it (and in turn, give the WWE a chance to kinda tell the rest of the competitors that "this is how it's done"), and did so in spades.

Great story, by the way. Ciampa getting back in the ring and sitting down with Gargano and hugging him? Amazing television.

• Like 2

Loved Charles Robinson's "ohhhh SHIT son!" reaction to Aichner's moonsault. The little things are so important.

The Ciampa/Gargano postmatch really was a thing of beauty. If this was Raw it'd be mawkish and hammy but they strong-styled the hell out of it and it worked to perfection.

• Like 1