DVDVR Message Board

Summerslam XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Heck have her AND Naomi turn on Becky

Poor poor stupid Becky

So Carmella turns on her and beats her down.  Naomi makes the save and just as they're leaving, Naomi lays Becky out.

Then we follow her backstage where she gets a coffee at the concession stand and just as she's paying, the concession lady throws it in her face. Then we cut to her at her apartment where she her Roomba immediately attacks her feet only to be fought off by her remote controlled BB-8.  She thanks BB and he beep boops and then shoots her in the knee with a lead ball and rolls away.

This could be a whole show on the network.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

To show off their new ppv gear. 

I love when guys debut new ppv gear. It made the ppv feel like an even bigger deal, like Mr. Perfect debuting new amateur style tights or DiBiase debuting a new shiny suit and matching tights. Mike Rotunda should have had ppv ties as IRS. I feel like he wore the same tie all the time. 

• Like 3

Just now, PetrolCB said:

HBK's new gear was always a big deal to me as a kid. He mailed it in later with those dumb pants. 

I liked the Rockers new gear. I never cared for solo Shawn, first with those weird shapes, then hearts on his tights. 

Even as a kid at the peak of my Bret fandom, I had to admit that Shawn Michaels had some of the sweetest gear in the game.

I'm editing this to point out that I'm talking strictly about the tights/kneepads/wrists, not so much about the Halford-esque stuff he wore during his entrance. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Figured Cesaro/Sheamus would get bumped to the preshow. So 3 preshow matches + 10 main card matches.

Why isn't Neville teaming with Sin Cara, considering they just beat the Dudleyz a couple weeks ago. Though they made a pretty good team.

Out of realistic options, I'd love for Billie Kay to get to be on the SDL tag replacing The Red Queen. Puts over Ember Moon at Takeover then works Summerslam. Otherwise I would dig seeing Maryse back in the ring for one night.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:26 AM, Curt McGirt said:

It'll be the Universal Title match. Vince wanted it to be the US Title match, but Hunter won a poker game between them and got his pick.

At least we know Rusev-Reigns will be at least very good, and likely have Lana  getting involved for the schmozz factor.  I'm still lukewarm on the build for the Universal title.  And I have no idea how the match will be.

It's going to be Brock-Orton for the finale, more than likely.  Brock goes after the Universal title after that, probably kills whoever's holding it.

Guys, the signs are all there:

Eva gets injured.  Starts taking something advertised in one of those russian penis pill emails for pain relief.  Said medication causes her breasts to expand and break her top in her second attempt to wrestle.  She's late for this week's show because she was seeing why her boobs are expanding with her doctor.  They take do some tests.  Said tests are sent to titan tower, she's suspended and those out of The Summerslam.

That's a pretty a terrible use for Sami Zayn.

Looking back, I'm not sure why they didn't just do Sami/Cesaro best of 7 since each guy is in the same boat of trying to make their mark. Hell, you could even make it for the Universal #1 contender spot heading into the first Raw-only ppv.

I'm also not sure why Sheamus is still lingering in semi-prominent roles after 8 years instead of falling into Jack Swagger territory.

36 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

That's a pretty a terrible use for Sami Zayn.

Looking back, I'm not sure why they didn't just do Sami/Cesaro best of 7 since each guy is in the same boat of trying to make their mark. Hell, you could even make it for the Universal #1 contender spot heading into the first Raw-only ppv.

addtext_com_Mj_Mz_NTUx_Nzc3.jpg

• Like 6

5PM ET will be about an hour of video packages, analysis and maybe a couple interviews. This is when you are cooking, grilling, preparing snacks, whatever. 

2nd hour maybe still waiting for people to arrive, cracking jokes, starting to munch on snacks,  half-watching the preshow matches. 

Then the show begins.  It's not really six hours, more like 4 plus there will be a nice long piss break in there somewhere.  Probably a talking segment, whatever Jon Stewart is doing.

So like 3.5 hours.  Maybe 3 tops.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2016 at 5:03 PM, PetrolCB said:

HBK's new gear was always a big deal to me as a kid. He mailed it in later with those dumb pants.

Thankfully, in some way, I get to relive that unbridled enthusiasm when Dolph debuts his new HBK cosplay gear. 

There was one show ... it was the Shawn's Hair Club for Men era ... when he knelt down to pray on his way to the ring, and one of the dangly mirror on his entrance britches got stuck in the grate that is the ramp and he couldn't get up and had to start taking his gear off.

I may be misremembering.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nate said:

There was one show ... it was the Shawn's Hair Club for Men era ... when he knelt down to pray on his way to the ring, and one of the dangly mirror on his entrance britches got stuck in the grate that is the ramp and he couldn't get up and had to start taking his gear off.

I may be misremembering.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2016 at 9:59 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love when guys debut new ppv gear. It made the ppv feel like an even bigger deal, like Mr. Perfect debuting new amateur style tights or DiBiase debuting a new shiny suit and matching tights. Mike Rotunda should have had ppv ties as IRS. I feel like he wore the same tie all the time. 

I'm with you. You get this at WrestleMania and SummerSlam also.

Thinking of watching this live. Hope it's worth missing out on sleep!