DVDVR Message Board

Summerslam XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

If the story went the way it reads, then somebody's lying. If everything went the way it was supposed to, why would Hayes not just say so?

I'm not saying it didn't go down the way it was planned, Hayes clamming up just seems weird. 

• Like 1

If Brock followed as planned then ya, Jericho comes off as an idiot. If not, kudos to him for stepping up to Lesnar. Actually kudos to him either way, (im guessing) not many guys would do that.

Jericho has balls of steel when it comes to backstage confrontations.

• Like 2

Great idea for an ending its just man...there had to have been a better way to accomplish it.

If the plan was for a freak of nature to drive the point of his elbow downward at full force into Ortons forehead as Orton leans in... just.... Why?

Props to Jericho because work or no that shit was fucking dangerous. Run it back with headphones in.  The sound on that 2nd elbow is sickening.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, steve said:

If the story went the way it reads, then somebody's lying. If everything went the way it was supposed to, why would Hayes not just say so?

I'm not saying it didn't go down the way it was planned, Hayes clamming up just seems weird. 

Because if he flat out admitted that the plan was for Brock to give him a legit beating the company would come off looking horrible (particularly with the lawsuits they are currently facing).

18 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Shane Douglas is the classic example of guy being a better heel out of the ring and a better face in it.

And Niners, the easy answer is for Cena to go away for three months and then get his win back clean because fuck you, fuck me, and fuck everybody.

I had the pleasure of working an angle with Shane for about 3 months. I was sided with him and eventually turned on him. Shane knows the business inside and out and I've never seen someone make such a clean device for blading.  Guy is a total class act.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I was bugged it wasn't called earlier with Jon Stewart just freely going in and out of the ring.

Granted that falls under the "he didn't touch anyone" category but that is a different level of bullshit

They inducted Stewart into New Day, so he was allowed in under the Freebird Rule.

But they're not allowed to have FOUR guys. That would just be crazy.

25 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Well, if they want some good main event matches and likeable babyface, there's this Sami Zayn guy who's not doing anything right now...

The Championship Scramble match could make a return at the Clash with all the RAW winners from SummerSlam. 

Neville vs Sami vs KO vs Jericho vs Gallows vs Anderson

EDIT: I'm assuming Lesnar gets suspended for his attack on Shane

Edited by Brysynner

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Because if he flat out admitted that the plan was for Brock to give him a legit beating the company would come off looking horrible (particularly with the lawsuits they are currently facing).

If that's the case, then what's the difference between Hayes telling him and Vince telling him after the fight started?

It's not like Jericho would narc on them.

2 minutes ago, steve said:

If that's the case, then what's the difference between Hayes telling him and Vince telling him after the fight started?

It's not like Jericho would narc on them.

Figuring Hayes didn't want to admit it but Vince had to because of the situation getting out of hand. I still can't believe the idea for this wasn't shot down.