DVDVR Message Board

Summerslam XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

I can't wait for the Enzo/Cass break up with Cass doing all of Enzo's catch phrases to no reaction because he has zero emotion and that deer in the headlights look on his face, while Enzo moves to Smackdown to get bullied by Baron Corbin.

5 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I can't wait for the Enzo/Cass break up with Cass doing all of Enzo's catch phrases to no reaction because he has zero emotion and that deer in the headlights look on his face, while Enzo moves to Smackdown to get bullied by Baron Corbin.

Did they already try that with Carmella? How you doin?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

My point was that other than the NXT Tag Title match, nothing from either show stood out above anything else.  Basically you can't say that Takeover was awesome and Summerslam sucked because of that one match.

Well, first of all, I disagree that a standout match in general can't elevate a show. Bret/Austin at WM 13 takes that from a show that I'd skip any day to one that I'll watch because I know that match is coming up, for example. I'm not arguing that the tag match is on that level, but in general, sure I can say that one show is significantly better than the other because one has a really great match and the other doesn't.

But beyond that, I disagree with your premise that both shows stood out equally. I think the big matches on Takeover were far better than the big matches on Summerslam, I think there were more individually memorable moments (Roode entrance, Nak entrance, O-Face, G2S) than there were on Summerslam, and I think the undercard was interesting if flawed on Takeover, but deadly boring on Summerslam. I feel pretty comfortable saying that Takeover was ultimately a good show and Summerslam a bad one. 

• Like 1

I get the red strap for Raw, but if they're dead set on all the belts looking the same, I wished they'd tried a different color first. In my head, I'm thinking kind of a matte gold, but it might look just as crap... I dunno.

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I *think* the don't tread on me was supposed to be a Metallica reference, but yeesh.

I'll go with this. After all, Dolph is a big fan of "Mega Death" as well. 

In case that was a lost ref... 

Dolph-Ziggler-fixed-Megadeth-patch.jpg

So is having to hotshot the belt back of Sasha and then getting to go out in two nights and do another title abeying promo/tournament going to be enough for them to step back and re-evaluate the style that has been grinding people to dust the last three or four years?

• Like 2

For me, the Lesnar & Heyman shtick has run its course. Orton agreeing to that makes zero sense.

A while back a lot of people (myself included) would've said they'd love to see Lesnar vs Joe/Nak/AJ/KO/whoever in dream matches but now? Keep them as far away from him as possible unless its a guaranteed lock that they're  the one to beat him and send him packing. 

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So is having to hotshot the belt back of Sasha and then getting to go out in two nights and do another title abeying promo/tournament going to be enough for them to step back and re-evaluate the style that has been grinding people to dust the last three or four years?

Unless it somehow affects their sponsorships, I think we can safely say the answer is no.

Similarly they won't re-think the concept of the brand split when anyone could see that an untimely pile-up of injuries would cripple either brand.

And Jericho was none too pleased with Brock

The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/brock-lesnar-chris-jericho-heated-altercation-summerslam-219211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2