DVDVR Message Board

Summerslam XXIX

Dolfan in NYC

If we are going to complain (justifiably in my opinion) about the main events of Ring of Honor and TNA shows then you have to do it here.  I mean seriously a match that never started and a ref stoppage in the main event that seemed to be done mostly to put over shane and Brock  

This entire show was a burial of Dolph Ziggler.   He has to be leaving the company

• Like 1

That show was awful.  AJ/Big Match John would've been good without the final 8 minutes being a shitty finisher fest.  New Day is trash now, the gimmick is tired.  

Kudos to Balor for winning the Big Red Title, but man was the match not good.

And that was a nasty hardway for Orton.

I also half expected Col. Ziggler to choke and lose to Chicken-Miz.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If we are going to complain (justifiably in my opinion) about the main events of Ring of Honor and TNA shows then you have to do it here.  I mean seriously a match that never started and a ref stoppage in the main event that seemed to be done mostly to put over shane and Brock  

This entire show was a burial of Dolph Ziggler.   He has to be leaving the company

I don't think you're going to see anyone defending much of anything on this show.

The best match on the show could have been stopped 5 minutes before and that was Cena vs Styles   Why that match wasn't closer to the main event is bafffling.  Yeah it was a ridiculous spot fest with way way way too many kicked out finishers but at least it had a damn finish

I'm prepared to say that Cena is the worst big match worker in the company, if not all of wrestling. He's become Davey Richards in jorts.

The truth is, WWE main event style has become unsustainable. The only way they have of keeping the audience's attention outside of reversals and kick-outs of finishers is with holy-shit spots, so you end up with injuries like Sasha's tonight. They need to figure out a way to put the genie back in the bottle.

• Like 4

I didn't see Orton blade, so I assume Brock legit busted him open. Pretty brutal. I'm guessing Shane brings in someone to "take care " of Brock. Joe? Goldberg?

Overall, I liked the show. Some dead weight, but AJ/Cena, Charlotte/Sasha, and Balor/Seth were enough to make up for the negative. Great to see Finn Balor as a major titleholder, again. 

Just now, evilwaldo said:

More importantly, what was up with Cena leaving his wristbands in the ring after the match?

He loves the WWE and will never leave, ever ever.

Now that he got beat clean, he's going to go away for 3 months again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm prepared to say that Cena is the worst big match worker in the company, if not all of wrestling. He's become Davey Richards in jorts.

The truth is, WWE main event style has become unsustainable. The only way they have of keeping the audience's attention outside of reversals and kick-outs of finishers is with holy-shit spots, so you end up with injuries like Sasha's tonight. They need to figure out a way to put the genie back in the bottle.

the-revival-1.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Vince: "Roman, Rusev. Look, guys, Finn's entrance went 32 minutes so you're just going to have to brawl and hit the shower."

Vince: "Roman: Russev.  Look guys we have to put over Dolph Ziggler and the Miz in a competition for best chicken little sandwich.  Take it home early"

I liked the Brock/Orton finish.  Definitely had a "what the fuck is going on here" vibe that you don't get much in WWE.

Man, if I never see a "guy kicks out of finisher while other guy just looks on in complete shock and then just dicks around for a minute" spot, I'll be a happy man.  Seriously.  It felt like it was in EVERY FUCKING MATCH.  

AJ/Cena was great and the high point of the show for sure. Yeah, it was a lot of big moves and kickouts but it worked and it hooked me in. It put AJ over really strong because he has to carry Smackdown on his back.

I also liked most of Cesaro vs Sheamus and Sasha vs Charlotte. It wasn't as good as their RAW match because of the two early botches but once they settled down it was good. Sasha's insistence on doing moves she saw in her favorite matches as a teenager is really becoming a problem, though.

I didn't like the finish to Orton/Lesnar as a show closer. If you're going to do a finish like that, then put Finn winning the dumb belt on last.

• Like 2