DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

8 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Like hammerva said, he "woke" when he realized he was about to get cut

No, that's bullshit. I've followed his entire career. Kaepernick discusses race in America every chance he can get and has done so on social media dating back to Nevada. You may not agree with anything he says or does but it's definitely not new. Anyone saying it's new is wrong.

• Like 4

I have no idea what "woke" means but people were missing my point.  My point was would people be as outraged and "GET HIM OUT OF THE COUNTRY" hot takes if Kaepernick was the guy in 2013/2014 that everyone thought was incredible instead of the 2016 one that is fighting for a job.   The only other example in the NFL that I would have is cam Newton and fuck we are still yelling and screaming about him every time someone takes losing bad.  

I know its the preseason, but when I see players in the 3rd quarter try to make a tackle like this, I just assume they aren't going to make the team. All it caused was a minor change in direction. While I'd like to pretend it is because J. Williams is made of stone, I doubt that is the case (spoilered for page loading purposes).

Spoiler

24CeFZe.gif

Too be fair - a lot of guys are are afraid of wrapping up because everything turns into a personal foul of some sorts.

Case in point was the bullshit Roughing the Passer Lorenzo Alexander got on a clean sack where apparently hitting a QB in the thighs is the same as hitting a QB in the knees

I am hoping that was just the referees 'testing' things in the preseason, both Roughing calls on the Bills in that game were shady at best.

This is what we are talking about for those that missed the 'highlights,' this was called Roughing the Passer:

Spoiler

EMDENDJ.gif

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm constantly amazed at how many college and NFL players apparently never learned how to properly tackle a man

It is like the jump shot in basketball.  I am amazed that in each sport guys have very little grasp of basic concepts.  These concepts should be ingrained into a player by the time they reach college.  No professional level coach should be teaching basic concepts.

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

There was a time when Sanchez was just the guy to drive a bus equipped with a defense like Denver's but now he's so far under the shithouse he doesn't even know how to manage that.

Sanchez was fun to watch in Philly. He could start a drive on the 5 yard line, march the team down the field going 8 for 8 looking like a franchise QB, and end the drive by throwing it to the numbers of a defensive guy in the end zone with 3 R's open. 

36 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I am hoping that was just the referees 'testing' things in the preseason, both Roughing calls on the Bills in that game were shady at best.

This is what we are talking about for those that missed the 'highlights,' this was called Roughing the Passer:

Reveal hidden contents

EMDENDJ.gif

If THAT is what they are going to call roughing, might as well put a red-shirt on all qbs, and make them wear flags. . .as for the poor tackling job-that guy has his career as a furniture mover to think about!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I know its the preseason, but when I see players in the 3rd quarter try to make a tackle like this, I just assume they aren't going to make the team. All it caused was a minor change in direction. While I'd like to pretend it is because J. Williams is made of stone, I doubt that is the case (spoilered for page loading purposes).

Reveal hidden contents

24CeFZe.gif

IIRC, the Skins did cut that guy yesterday.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

If THAT is what they are going to call roughing, might as well put a red-shirt on all qbs, and make them wear flags. . .as for the poor tackling job-that guy has his career as a furniture mover to think about!

15 Yard Penalty Calls absolutely need to be subject to replay review/challenge.

Pass Interference too (like they do in the CFL, as I learned last year).

And the number of allowed challenges needs to be doubled (at minimum) to reflect the fact that teams are going to need to make a lot more challenges to overturn dumb would-be-game-altering penalty calls.

If we're going to keep up the pretense that the NFL is a sporting competition and not a work, I mean.

• Like 3

Does Spoilering the image actually not load it? I'm unsure on that. It takes up less real estate, but I think it's just a simple hide code, the image still loads. Correct me if I'm wrong masters of things.

56 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Does Spoilering the image actually not load it? I'm unsure on that. It takes up less real estate, but I think it's just a simple hide code, the image still loads. Correct me if I'm wrong masters of things.

You should test it and get back to me ;)

The thing with reviews is - you don't have to give them more, just do the Volleyball method where a team never loses the use of a challenge as long as they are right. That would still discourage them from reviewing everything since they'd only get two 'incorrect' challenges, but they wouldn't lose a challenge if the challenge is successful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, We Dem Boyz said:

Such as not playing like hot garbage.

Prior to last season Kaepernick's QB ratings were 98.3,  86.4, 91.6.  In 2012 he led the league in Yards per Attempt. 1800 rushing yards over 3 seasons.

In the playoffs he's 4-2, 506 rushing yards and 4 TDs in six games. 8.5 yards per attempt in six games. 7 TDs passing. 

Is he a great player?  No,  but he's DONE things on the field. 

What the fuck has Blaine Gabbert EVER done?  Yet,  he's on what...  his third chance now in the league? 

Gabbert for his CAREER has a 71 passer rating. He can't throw. He can't make wise decisions.  He can't fucking run.  What can he do?   It's another example of black QBs having to prove themselves over and over and over again while white QBs are given a pass and hang around until they're 35 holding a clipboard while never accomplishing anything.

• Like 1