DVDVR Message Board

IT'S STILL THE NFL PRESEASON

Gonzo

Look at Houston. You had two players that look better in retrospect, but they went after the potential of Jadevon Clowney. How good would either Khalil Mack or Blake Bortles look in a Texan uniform now? Teams need to look for scheme as well as talent sometimes.

• Like 1

The Cowboys will still be able to lead the league in rushing even without Romo and Dak will only add a further dimension to their running attack. They'll still need to possess the ball for 38 minutes a game because their defense sucks eggs being equally pathetic at rushing the passer and covering receivers. Even if this ends up just being a scare, which is apparently the case, Romo's days are still numbered and he belongs in the same QB China cabinet with Sam Bradford. There's nothing to lose finding out what they have in Dak; sure beats the hell out of Kellen Moore's feeble flings. I find the copious amounts of anointing oils being applied to Dak over stinking preseason games beyond cuckoo but the one ability Romo no longer possesses is availability so the sooner the team accepts this and grooms somebody else the better.

This is the main point of the general managers interviewed. It's not a groundbreaking point, but it's important.

Joey Bosa has no chance to do anything this year. Not a damn thing beyond making some special teams tackles.

In speaking to people around the NFL, I've rarely seen such a unanimity on two fronts: 1) Bosa's rookie year is over, and 2) the Chargers are screwing this up.

I cannot stress this enough. Every team I speak to thinks the Chargers are ruining Bosa. They are laughing at the Chargers. Laughing at them.

"This is very Chargers," said one general manager.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2659686-nfl-general-managers-laughing-at-chargers-for-ruining-joey-bosas-rookie-season

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh wait... that's not what you were saying...

Jordan's biggest problem was coming from a 3-4 at Oregon and shifting into a 4-3 at Miami.  The defensive responsibilities for a LB and a DE are completely different.  This is why most teams completely turn over their front 7 when they shift schemes or they draft a guy that, you know, actually played in the right scheme.  A player could spend 3 or 4 years in college learning to be successful in a scheme and then be forced to learn a whole new scheme with different responsibilities.

The Dolphins had this idea that Jordan would be the ultimate hybrid guy when in reality those guys get drafted in the middle to late rounds.  

His rookie year was a disaster because they threw too much at the kid outside of the defensive scheme change and then he fell into PED's to try and catch up (in his head).

People (scouts) that I have chatted with have told me way more than half of the defensive draft pick busts are due to teams getting too wrapped up in numbers on and off the field while not asking if the guy will fit their defensive scheme.

Teams like the Steelers will downgrade potential draft picks if they do not play in a 3-4 scheme to the point where their defensive draft board will be all 3-4 guys.  

A guy like Bosa is hurting himself because he needs to get reps against top tier OT's and develop new moves because the OT's at this level will easily counter his one college move.

Here is Bosa's problem.  He has missed practice and the opportunity to learn the base defenses.  There is a very good chance he will be ineffective if he enters camp right now.  The Chargers may get nothing for the third overall pick but at the same time Bosa's stance is not very strong when he is a DE and the other guys who got the bonuses are QB's.  The position you play and potential to be an impact player year one or two makes a big difference in this conversation.

49 minutes ago, EVA said:

Did he just get woke, like, 2 days ago?

Nah, his social media has been pretty "woke" for the past year. He's been more active on it in recently, though. Especially with the shooting earlier this summer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonL21 said:

Nah, his social media has been pretty "woke" for the past year. He's been more active on it in recently, though. Especially with the shooting earlier this summer 

Given what Cam said, I have to support anyone who goes against that type of post-racial garbage they have athletes saying. Sherman was "woke" (which doesn't mean shit but people keep using it for some reason) and making white people mad as shit, however, he tried to softshoe his way back into peoples' heart with that interview he did with The Undefeated (the #1 reason I don't read shit like that).

At this point, I'm conflicted with dudes like Cam and Sherman. I know they got endorsements to lose. However, especially in the case of Sherman who was on point up until recently, it's clear that articulating a message that's thought provoking and true to the black experience isn't what is viable to continue gain financially. 

I said this in the Ali memorial thread in my forum. I'm not expecting these dudes to be Ali or Jim Brown. But you don't have to backtrack into the fucking mountains just for money and the fact that idiots are trying to brand you as a thug. If someone like Kap has the balls to stand on that, I'm riding with him since the other dudes won't say shit. Even someone like Sherman, who clearly knows better.

• Like 1

I can understand why people are mad at him for not doing it but to be honest I live in an area where at any moment during the anthem you could hear some white trash from parts of Maryland yell 'OOOO' for no real reason.  I would rather have someone who doesn't believe it (no matter how dumb the reason may be) just not do it then have groups of people standing up who doesn't give a shit about it.

It would be interesting how this argument would be if Kaep was actually a decent QB and not one who can be cut any moment.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Did he just get woke, like, 2 days ago?

Like hammerva said, he "woke" when he realized he was about to get cut and is such damaged goods that no one will sign him so there goes his endorsement deals.

My local NPR affiliate plays a LOT of CBC radio as night-time filler, so maybe he thinks this "Colin Kaepernick: Social Justice Warrior" gimmick will improve his chances of getting picked up by the Toronto Argonauts or something.

Key & Peele should do a skit where Colin subs for Peyton Manning in a Papa John's ad and makes increasingly militant statements while Papa John is trying to film the commercial.

Funny how Michael Jordan goes decades without commenting on race relations or ANYTHING political until most of his endorsement deals have expired except for Nike and Hanes.  (Of course, God forbid Mike speak out against the Chinese slave labor that makes his sneakers....)

I knew the coon who grossly misinterpreted what I was saying in the TV thread and tried to get me to shit on BLM and black people in general through Private Messages (to support his cooning) would show up to these proceedings. The coon bell rung and he answered the call.

tumblr_o3kosyPUYD1uww63io2_400.gif

Jerome Miller?  In another thread, he claims to have never heard of DJ Khaled, so there is no way that dude is black.

On a related note:  if that's not another Hoardak socko account, I'll kiss your ass.

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Jerome Miller?  In another thread, he claims to have never heard of DJ Khaled, so there is no way that dude is black.

On a related note:  if that's not another Hoardak socko account, I'll kiss your ass.

He called me the reverse Uncle Ruckus, which makes no sense whatsoever, among other things when I didn't support his cause like I am the one who PM'd him first.

He is also the guy who posted the Nate Parker rape story that no one touched in Upcoming Movies thread.

In non-stupid person news, #HailState. :)