DVDVR Message Board

RAW is No Fancy Title

Niners Fan in CT

22 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I would pick Show over Cesaro if the draft was legit because I already have the current (Roman/Rollins) and the future (Neville/Zayn). Show fills the role of attraction, he's not going to be the headliner but he's still physically impressive to see. Cesaro is 35, has frequent injuries, and has been languishing in the mid-card whereas everyone above him has been a top champion in WWE (Big Show was World Heavyweight Champion in 2012-2013) or NXT.

Cesaro is in no-man's-land, and I'm not sure how he gets out of it.  Reigns and Rollins will always be ahead of him when it comes to the big title hunts.  KO will eventually be elevated. Neville and Zayn can be put into the cruiserweight division if needed.  Big Show and Henry are physical attractions.  Balor has a demon. And almost all these guys have natural rivalries with one another.  Cesaro has and could compete with any of these guys, but it doesn't necessarily feel personal and there's not enough memory of his NXT days to work with regarding backstories.

Also, his complaining about Raw being the inferior brand is probably going to come back to haunt him.  Raw is actually good at the moment, with more overall talent and a creative team who actually cares for the time being. So why should Steph and Foley feel compelled to include Cesaro in any plans if he thinks so little of the show they represent?  I'm not saying he was wrong at the time, or that the frustration was unwarranted.  But the longer Raw remains strong, the weaker his argument becomes.

It's weird.  I feel like Cesaro deserves better, but exactly where does he fit in?  It strengthens the case that he should have been sent to SmackDown.

Cesaro has a title match for apparently any title (again, they didn't designate a specific one) on the brand that he wants to go after now. At least they've got SOMETHING going for him at the moment. If they go the route of him holding this against Steph and Foley as like a potential Money in the Bank, it could be pretty cool. Of course I can think of a thousand doomsday scenarios but I won't write them up here.

3 hours ago, jstout said:

Every good act needs a foil to become great. Would Roode and Eric Young be a good tag team?

Of Bobby Roode Tag teams, the best was Roode & Aries, second best was Beer Money (Roode & James Storm), third best Roode & Young.

• Like 1

Part of the reason Roode & Aries worked so well as a team was the baggage of them both being former World Champions, and Roode being the longest reigning Champion, and Aries being the man who beat him for the belt (Fluke! Not a Fluke!). And they were just clockwork together. Watch this:

And Roman for sure is looking bigger. The weird neck beard is helping matters much.

I remember years ago on Superstars, when the Usos were pretty new and Booker was on commentary, he went into this bit about "If you think Jimmy and Jey are dangerous now, over the course of their WWE careers they'll probably gain about 80, 90, 100 pounds apiece! Think of these moves with that much weight behind them!".

I don't think he was joking.

14 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

The most underrated part about Seth Rollins as a heel is that he laughs at his own jokes, which are usually bad to begin with.

He's Roger Klotz then? I'm definitely behind it. Bring back his lackeys and get him some rickets.

• Like 1