DVDVR Message Board

RAW is No Fancy Title

Niners Fan in CT

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I forgot to mention how much I loved Nia's squash. It was short and sweet with everything she did having some nice impact to it. I also loved her finisher. I hope it will her main one now.

But did the girl she wrestled ALSO get $1000? Equal pay for equal work! 

• Like 1

So if Mark Henry makes it out of the Olympics without any major life threatening illnesses does that confirm he is the strongest man in the world? Luckily I don't see him involved in any of the outdoor water events

It was funny how Russev  brought up the injustices of the Russian Olympic team and then Roman Reigns comes out.  So I guess for a while anything PED related he is going to be accidentally stuck in that position.  That should be a great match for Summerslam

• Like 1

Raw is 2 for 2 following the re-split. It's surprising how night and day the show is now. It's Tuesday and I already want to watch next week's episode.

And Roman for sure is looking bigger. The weird neck beard is helping matters much.

By the way, they should not have Byron interview Nia Jax.  Nia against the NXT girls made her look like a giant.  Byron I don't think is a Hardy deceptively tall guy, so to have him tower over Nia sort of kills that.  They need to have Jojo or Renee interview her to keep that monster feel to her.  It reminds me when a friend of mine had his picture taken with Reggie Bennett, he was like 6'1 or 6'2 and he towered over Reggie who looked like Godzilla when wrestling most women.  

BTW, I loved the female jobber. The sheer contempt she had for Nia and absolute confidence she had.  Then followed up with offense that was just no sold or was about as effective as Wile E. Coyote.  That's gumption right there. 

Give that lady a job.  

Also her hair was awesome. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Oh, and credit to the Strowman jobber again.  "Why am I here?  I'm getting $1000, and $5000 if I win!" is tremendous. Saxton 100% sells the "chaplain sending some poor sap to his premature death" angle in his pre-match interviews.

Even better was Cole wondering out loud if they took taxes out of that $1,000 midway through the match debating on whether that would even pay the medical bills.

Raw was pretty damn good, I'm liking the quasi-reset button being pushed and most of the stuff is making sense.  Even the Golden Truth thing has a point to it, though it is weird seeing Pokemon Go of all things used to drive a story forward.

I laughed and laughed and laughed at the $1,000 line, that shit was gold.  Braun squashes are going to be my new favorite thing if they aren't already.  Also really loved Nia's squash, she's going to be a big star.  Pushed right she'll really matter to the division, and she has a chance to attract a segment of women who love that's she's plus-sized and more importantly different.

1 hour ago, steve said:

Oh, also, that fireman's carry into the powerslam is a much better finish for Nia than the legdrop.

TBH, I think she just needs to go full Vader and use that simple Power Bomb she does so effectively..

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

By the way, Ellisworth (or someone pretending to be him) tweeted he only got $700 to get maimed by Strowman.

I think I've heard of the gimmick where someone puts up a pot of money, have the deal where the jobbers have to win Braun Strowman's money.

The Johnny Valentine 100 Silver Dollar challenge, daddy!

Part Two of the story of one of the best gimmicks in wrestling!

11 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

But you know it's a good feud segment with an important title at stake when the heel's lines are all "Hey, aren't the new Star Trek and Ghostbusters movies terrible? My opponent is those things and I'm the originals and he's Melissa McCarthy and I know you all hate her!" That is brilliant and topical writing, not at all sounding like internet neckbeard stuff. I can totally imagine Ric Flair saying that to Dusty Rhodes or Terry Funk saying that to Jerry Lawler, I tell you what.

Eh, but the rest of the show was pretty good, even if the first segment was twice as long as it should have been. Jericho is magical in the best way.

Wasn't expecting a Jinder Mahal return. I mean, he's a decent wrestler, but I would have thought he'd be more useful on NXT (or... maybe Smackdown?) than a crowded Raw. Time will tell.

Since Jinder has brothers in the cwc, they may be setting the table for a family feud or a stable.

1 hour ago, MADCAP said:

My favorite part of RAW was backstage, when the trainer asked Big E "where does it hurt?" after being posted. 

Maybe this is why the WWE has had an increase of injuries - the crack medical staff

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zac_Fu said:

Since Jinder has brothers in the cwc, they may be setting the table for a family feud or a stable.

I've seen no indication the Bollywood Boyz are related to Jinder.