DVDVR Message Board

RAW is No Fancy Title

Niners Fan in CT

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'll say it--I'm more hyped for Reigns/Rusev than either of the World/Universal title matches.

They managed to do three things usually fuck up:

1) Have a babyface women's champion celebrate and brag and still be likable

2) Have Roman Reigns get cheered

3) Have the crowd turn on Brock

It's almost like someone knows what they're doing.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the hell out of that opening segment. It was very random but everyone was great in it and everyone got to play their character.  Charlotte OBILTERATED Enzo with that "SAWFT" zinger. That was amazing.  charlotte and Jericho had great chemistry. Enzo and Sasha, less so..  but it was well done.

I THINK the jobber woman who Nia Jax beat might be Cedric Alexander's wife.  I love these squash matches.  Nia looked great.

Owens and Jericho as a team is just too fuckin good..   I need them to win the belts and go on like a year run with them. 

Also, the RKO ending, we knew it was coming I guess but I loved it.  The crowd went nuts AND I liked that Steph and Mick and security came out and they treated it like "Yeah, he's a smackdown talent get him the fuck outta here!" 

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Kevin Owens on commentary remains the best thing in the world in 2016.

"Mediocre observation at best."

"I use to do that move in 2005".

Nia Jax must of been holding back in NXT (not wanting to hurt the other wrestlers) cause she's been pretty stiff in her squash matches. 

That's one thing I forgot to add. I love the new U.S. title program.  This feels like an old school Crockett feud and not some throwaway shit.  Rusev has been one of my favorite acts for a long time now and Reigns, despite how poorly he was booked and all that, is still really good in-ring. This will be a blast.

Holy fuck is SummerSlam loaded. 

The card right now looks like 

Rollins vs. Balor

Ambrose vs. Ziggler

Sasha vs. Charlotte

Brock vs. Orton

AJ vs. Cena

Rusev vs. Reigns 

Enzo/Cass vs. Jericho/Owens 

Whaaaaaaat???!!! 

Tell me that isn't a great fucking card on paper, wow.

• Like 5

Great show. Everyone on air finally has an angle, belt or no?! What manner of sorcery is this?! Even Sami, who looks to fill the role of mechanic on the card, has the Owens thing simmering like always. 

Jericho is even finally in his perfect spot as jabberjaw and tag partner of Owens, and even Owens knows how much of a delusional liar Jericho is; they just click because they're both assholes.

Note: the offer for a title shot between Cesaro/Sheamus wasn't designated as to which title...

I don't want to jump on this train again, but man, I was really hoping Rollins/Zayn was gonna be better then it was. The crowd didn't help, but I still just have problems with Rollins controlling a match. I want Rollins as a face so bad. 

I think the 2 matches at Summerslam I'm going to look forward to the least are gonna be the title matches. That's kinda weird.

Downside to the show, while they gave direction to a lot of people, they didn't really point any particular direction with Sami. Owens, Jericho, and Rusev are occupied, so I don't really know where they go with him. I just hope it's not Sheamus. 

Was a strong show, even if the direction they are going in the immediate future isn't something I'm too psyched up about.

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Reigns/Rusev is going to be really good, and I'm pretty sure Rusev will go over since the next logical step in The Humbling is having Roman let America down.  

I don't think so.  Roman doesn't seem to be coming from the AMERICA, FUCK YEAH approach.  More like "I'm tired of your shit, let me shut you up." Which is much more direct and refreshing.

I don't know how I feel about the SadOldMan-ing of Mark Henry.  Guys he's so oooooold and sadaaaaad.

But speaking of old...to quote Bob Backlund:

#WELIVEOURWHOLELIVESTOLIVEBYTHEPRINCIPALS

I love that they still haven't figured out how to harness the power of Backlund yet.  And that Darren is utterly useless without it and then unstoppable once it kicks in.

I was so hoping for the Chickenwing and another Darren freakout, guess we gotta wait for that. Yelling Backlund is fantastic. 

Mark hasn't been weeping like Big Show -- yet -- so I consider that a victory. And HOLY SHIT did you see him mash Rusev with that slide through the ropes where he landed on his feet? Amazing. 

• Like 2

they could be doing a "last hurrah" with Henry down the line which would be awesome or it could have just been a one off.  I think I'd like to see Henry on Smackdown. He'd be a nice gatekeeper guy over there. For some reason a Henry against Baron Corbin feud would intrigue me.

Rollins does nothing for me as a character or as a worker. Sami got about as an enjoyable a match out of him as I think is possible. Enzo was brutal in that opening tag match to the point of looking barely trained. During Sasha's hot tag run I was thinking man if only Enzo's offense was half as good as Sasha's. Best part of the whole show was the ref going to hand the women's belt to Charlotte then handing it to Sasha and getting called an idiot. Can we assume Vince booked this since the newly crowned champ ate a pinfall?

I like Roman/Rusev even though I don't think it will turn the crowd. It still should be an awesome match. That and Sasha/Charlotte are my two most anticipated Summerfest matches. They really went heel heavy on the wins tonight and killed the crowd.

As much as I like Sasha and Bayley Nia is going to be women's champ by the end of the year, and I'm not going to complain about it. It's really cool having a monster heel in the women's division working on her level(and improving by the week).

Rollins does nothing for me as a character or as a worker.

You know, I hate to say it... but this. I didn't even really pay much attention to him and Sami. 

Sasha was pretty mush-mouthed but once Enzo came out and the heels got into it, the whole segment and match slayed. God you have to love Charlotte's facials (again, don't say it!) and Jericho covering her ears then her covering Jericho's hands with her own. Awesome outfit, too.