DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, Trade Rumors does not have the prospects going with Liriano yet.

Depending on what Liriano shows, that's a solid deal for the Jays.  

I'd assume the Pirates are going to attempt to turn Hutchinson into a reliever, yes?

6 minutes ago, gatling said:

I saw Harold Ramirez mentioned on Twitter as one of the prospects going to Toronto

Yeah.  I am seeing Ramirez rumored now too.  But nothing official as of yet.  Ramirez is prospect-y and blocked in Pittsburgh so that's a nice move for Toronto if true.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

They were mentioning liariano's past success with russell martin as maybe one factor in making the deal.

Hopefully all these deals mean we stop the eternal sanchez to the bullpen debate.

Well, if nothing else, Liriano can eat innings and I think that helps Toronto more than anything.  If he can look like the Liriano of the past couple of years, then it's a good deal.

It Hutchinson a complete failure now, or was he just sunk because he never could get out of the Jays doghouse?

7 hours ago, EdA said:

Per Rosenthal, the Rangers are throwing in P's Eric Swanson and Nick Green for Beltran.

Not a big loss at all for the Rangers 

I like what I have seen of Andrew Susac, solid defender and a good bat. He needs to figure out how to throw out MLB baserunners, it's the one piece of his game that really got exposed when he was in the Bigs last year.  He's been here in town with the Giants AAA club, and he has been real hot with the stick over the last 10 days or so, I know he has shown some good pop recently homering in three straight games, I believe. He's had some injury trouble, but if he keeps healthy, he'll be a nice piece to have in the coming years.

Any trade where you get a teams current number 1 prospect and the guy that was the number 1 immediately before him has to be looked at in a pretty favorable light.

I am beyond stoked that Ferguson's throw from the 74 Series is on the list. Great fucking play. And Manny's Grand Slam, made that much more special by the fact that my wife gave birth to our first son on that day.

Lots of great memories on that list, 4+1 game, Piazza's 2 HR in the final game of 93 to help keep SFG from winning the division, Kersh's no-no. Fuckin A, Scully is great. I'm going to miss him next year.

Nice to see that term used now that he's managing someplace else. I don't know that I have ever been so worked up about the way the Dodgers have been managed. Even Grady Little and Jim Tracy had a better grasp on their clubs than Donnie Baseball did. 

I was actually kind of impressed with the way he was handling the Marlins earlier in the year, but he seems to be right back to his old ways lately.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, piranesi said:

WHY CAN"T YOU ASSSHOLES LOOSE!!!

They've been losing for the past 108 years so the law of averages is kicking in. This means the Cubs will win the next 108 pennants.