DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

Thank you Corey! And on his bobblehead night, no less. Span made a couple of nice catches tonight to take away hits. 

Fuck it, SFG comes to town down 1, leaves down 2. And Bumgarner and Cueto took the L's, so I'll take the series win and worry about the Cubbies starting tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Phils trade Chooch to the Dodgers for old man Ellis and a prospect. All that's left of our '08 team now is shit-ass Ryan Howard. It'll take a miracle to ditch him. 

What are you talking about?  Howard's deal is up at the end of the year.

Look on the bright side. With that 25 million or whatever freed up they can sign 5 new mid-level free agents who turn out to be busts for next year.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

The buzz around Gary Sanchez is eerily similar buzz that surrounded Kevin Maas back in the day.

I hearted me some Kevin Maas back in my youth

On 8/26/2016 at 2:25 AM, PetrolCB said:

I meant in the sense that something could've been gotten in return, which I know would've never really happened. Instead of letting it run out after the last couple of dreadful years.

Nobody wants a minus fielding first baseman who cannot hit lefthanded pitching and offspeed pitches.

Brewers allowed themselves to be swept by the Pirates and are just softening up the Cardinals to keep the race close so the Pirates can take them out at the end. (We can't beat anyone who doesn't suck now. We could beat a few before the trades!)

• Like 1