DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

Not too often you see a visiting player get a curtain call, and he got two!! The second one was after he put PHI down 11 runs with the grand slam. Classy move from the fans, especially considering the typical reception for visitors in Philly.

• Like 2

Was in the Second City for yesterday's game which was a neat experience as I haven't been to that part of Chicago and haven't been to Wrigley before. Team played like shit even though they somehow scored runs without getting hits and were reasonably close. Sweep aside, the Cubs are a force. I do hope they win it all this year, mostly so the fanbase can finally stop whining and get their curse out of the way, but there's a lot of Cubs fans legacy-style around here too, so it's interesting to see. I went on a bus from up here, and it was 75% Cubbie fans.

Milwaukee is Wrigleyville North :)

Glad you enjoyed your experience. You were able to score runs because Jake's control has been not great this year. That said, you were able to see KB go 5-5 with 2 homers.]

Did you venture out around the park? 

As someone whose first childhood heroes were the 86 Mets seeing Doc in that condition is heartbreaking. He looks like someone dying from AIDS at this point (and I'm in no way suggesting that he has that disease). I know Straw has had his issues but I genuinely think he is trying to save Doc because it is painfully obvious that he is still a hardcore addict. If something doesn't change this is going to end up being incredibly sad. 

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Josh Hamilton has been released unconditionally by the Rangers.  

Supposedly he's going to be back next year on a minor league deal. 

What a roller-coaster his career has been. From being out of baseball to winning an MVP to putting up a monster first half in 2012, only to get booed out of the ballpark the second half (supposedly brought on by quitting chewing tobacco). Then he drops a fly ball in the playoffs and craters in LA. 

Drugs are bad, kids. 

What does Atlanta even have left to trade that anyone would take now?

Edit: I can answer that myself, Freddie Freeman, Julio Teheran(a 3.15 ERA shouldn't get you a 3-9 record) and literally no one else.

7 hours ago, EdA said:

Were all the puppy gif's broken when you posted this?

Saving them for this hellaciously long football season I'm about to endure.  And the less I think about Stanton the better. 

• Like 1

My heart is fucking broken. I realize AJ doesn't do much, but goddamn do I love him. I honestly believe that he will make a motherfucker of a pitching coach one day. He's super smart with the way he handles pitchers and the research work he does on his off days (which are way more frequent now) is a real plus for any team that employs him.

Also, he's a bit of a cheese. If you can stomach Intentional Talk, check out some of his appearances there. Seems like a super fun, laid back dude.

• Like 1

Oh, I've seen it. I wasn't knocking him. I just don't get the return we got. I dig the prospect, but there wasn't anyone else? We've already got Rupp and have Alfaro in the wings. I feel bad for AJ because now he's leaving a contender to become a one month guy. 

I didn't think you were knocking him, I get the apprehension about the deal. Hopefully Bergjans turns out to be something worthwhile, he's had a real rough go in the California League this year. 3-13 and an ERA near 5.00. Perhaps he'll have a better go in the South Atlantic League. A swap like that for a sub-par offensive guy that will be gone in a month would bother me as well.

Matt Moore is heading into the 9th with a no-no against the Dodgers.

Denard Span just robbed Kike Hernandez of a single. 1 out.

Edit: Corey Seager flared to right with 2 outs in the 9th to cancel out the no-hitter.