DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

38 minutes ago, EdA said:

The Rangers get Carlos Beltran from the Yankess for Dillon Tate.  (This is agreed on, not 100% final yet)

Per Rosenthal, the Rangers are throwing in P's Eric Swanson and Nick Green for Beltran.

The Jays traded Jesse Chavez to the Dodgers for Mike Bolsinger.

The Bruce to the Mets deal is done.  Looks like it's for Nimmo and Dilson Herrera and something.

Scott Feldman to the Jays from the Astros,

Edited by EdA

12 minutes ago, EdA said:

The Bruce to the Mets deal is done.  Looks like it's for Nimmo and Dilson Herrera and something.

And this fucking deal.  Looks like Nimmo is NOT going to Cincy in the deal.  Herrera is.

5 minutes ago, EdA said:

And Lucroy to the Rangers is supposedly close now.  Gallo is to be the main piece in that deal.

Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffress to the Rangers.  Again, Gallo is all that's being reported going to Milwaukee so far.

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

@RIPPA has declared this a pants-free thread. 

That will be if they move Brian McCann

If THAT happens - I will not be held responsible for where my pants end up

Is Joe Smith any good? The Cubs gave up nothing for him, but I've heard everything from he's old, fat and not good to he posts a good ground-ball rate and will be a useful bullpen addition.

18 minutes ago, Joe Lucia said:

Jon Niese back to the Mets

WHY?!?!?!?! Unless they are bringing him back to pitch batting practice this makes no sense (particularly after he nuked his bridge on the way out) 

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Is Joe Smith any good? The Cubs gave up nothing for him, but I've heard everything from he's old, fat and not good to he posts a good ground-ball rate and will be a useful bullpen addition.

He's fine. He's a typical trade deadline middle relief addition.

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Did we mention Liriano to Jays yet?

We had not.  Liriano to the Jays for Drew Hutchinson.  Well, that's a challenge trade of sorts.