DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 3

Tabe

Posted Image

I got nothing.

How do I report animal neglect and/or abuse?

• In Jefferson County (outside Birmingham City) - call 205-325-1450.

In the City of Birmingham - call 205-328-9311.

Outside the Birmingham or Jefferson County Limits - call YOUR local law enforcement agency and/or Humane Society. 

If you have a case that is outside the Birmingham-Jefferson County area, yet within the state of Alabama, you may contact our cruelty hotline at 205-369-0392 to learn how to end animal abuse or neglect in your area. 

• You will be speaking with a Police Dispatch and they will give the calls to the appropriate officer. When you call the local authorities please be sure you have the following information:
    • Your name and phone number (Confidential unless called in for court)
    • Exact Location of the animal(s)
    • Nature of the Complaint
    • Description of the Animals involved
    • Any other pertinent information
  • If you have any further questions or concerns please contact the Greater Birmingham Humane Society at 205-369-0392.

http://www.gbhs.org/site/PageServer?pagename=svcs_rac_Report_Animal_Cruelty

• Like 3

Busting out a Bear Bryant hat on the sideline would be pretty great too.

With this being the 100th anniversary of Bear Bryant's birth, Manziel would be signing his death certificate if he did that. Some crazy Bama fan would kill him on the spot, on national TV.
I guess we're forgetting A&M has a right to Bear Bryant.

Was just about to point this out. 

Gonna be at the game tomorrow and expect it to be apeshit.  While I don't see the Ags pulling it off, I really, really fucking hope they do, and I hope JFF stirs up some shenanigans.  But realistically, yeah, Bama is going to score at will with their run game against this D. 

With this being the 100th anniversary of Bear Bryant's birth, Manziel would be signing his death certificate if he did that. Some crazy Bama fan would kill him on the spot, on national TV.

Kentucky probably more of a claim on the man.  But do we think Tide fans care about that?  He's theirs, damn it all! :)

Kentucky probably more of a claim on the man.  But do we think Tide fans care about that?  He's theirs, damn it all! :)

The average Alabama fan has neither the knowledge nor the mental capacity to appreciate that fact.

Kentucky probably more of a claim on the man. But do we think Tide fans care about that? He's theirs, damn it all! :)
The average Alabama fan has neither the knowledge nor the mental capacity to appreciate that fact.
Get the fuck outta here with that. Every Alabama fan is aware of and appreciates the shared history A&M has with the Bear. God, the Junction Boys stuff is part of his legend. The vast majority of the fanbase was glad to have A&M join the conference because of that very fact. They also share Gene Stallings who won the 92 title at Bama and is (or was, not sure if he still is) on the Board of Regents at A&M.It's far more likely that Johnny Football has no idea that Bear coached at A&M than your average Bama fan.
  • Like 1

A top 25 team loses and seemingly no one cares. What has happened to the board?

College football talk has been trending down around here for the past season or two, for reasons I'm uncertain of. Too much Bama maybe.
I would guess also has to do with an interesting NFL game

I caught the last seven minutes of the NFL game last night and interesting was certainly in the eye of the beholder.

A top 25 team loses and seemingly no one cares. What has happened to the board?

I think that in the past few years some of the big college football talkers have left the board for whatever reasons, whether it be the times that the board broke or for other reasons.

Maybe they are like me and have become disgusted with major college sports due to how corrupt and dirty and stupid they are. Such as, the Colorado vs. Fresno State game has finally been postponed. The fact that postponing a silly game in a disaster zone wasn't done right away says a lot right there, how many people shouldn't take that crap so damn seriously, watching many young men play a random game.

Between what EVA stated above about the first half and what I have seen so far in the 2nd, I was thinking turnovers are the only thing that is going to help the Falcons because they have no shot at at stopping the Broncos otherwise. The Boise St fumble inside the 10 may give Air Force the leg up in this game. It is going to be a fun ride to the end of this rainy affair.

Surprised the UCLA/Nebraska game doesn't get talked about at all. I wonder if Nebraska's offense can outperform the suckiness of their defense.

Other games that hold my interest that aren't Bama/A&M or UCLA/Nebraska;

Washington/Illinois

Vandy/SC (obviously)

Wisconsin/Az St

Mildly interested to see if BC can beat USC and if Southern Utah can beat Washington St.

Surprised the UCLA/Nebraska game doesn't get talked about at all. I wonder if Nebraska's offense can outperform the suckiness of their defense.

Other games that hold my interest that aren't Bama/A&M or UCLA/Nebraska;

Washington/Illinois

Vandy/SC (obviously)

Wisconsin/Az St

Mildly interested to see if BC can beat USC and if Southern Utah can beat Washington St.

As a Nebraska fan, I think I can answer that question a lot better than most here. The answer is no.

I have no feel for Bama/A&M right now. Prior to week 1, I was enormously confident than Bama would win, maybe by 10 to 14. But after seeing some of the issues the offense had against VT, hearing a lot of rumors of discord in the lockerroom, and then this huge distraction falling into their laps this week, I just really don't know anymore.