DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] AUGUST 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The fact that Ciampa and Gargano look like they're having an absolute blast makes me enjoy the GloriousBombs that much more.

Further proof that WWE wrestlers can get over if they're allowed to be themselves instead of having every word scripted for them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

They can go all the way to Australia, but Washington DC is just too much to ask.  

Yeah, seriously. how have they not hit the Mid-Atlantic yet? I wouldn't go to almost any wrestling show right now because it's not worth the grief but I'd try hard to find a way for NXT in DC or Baltimore or Joppa or whatever. They should do a live outdoor show at Merriweather. Could that even work?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Yes, but Merriweather is a ten minute drive from me and the 9:30 club is in the middle of nowhere I want to be late at night.

Yes, the shuffling, smartphone-addled hordes of hipsters, fueled by $10 drinks, overflowing from U Street are truly terrifying. Lock your doors.

• Like 1

I also haven't been to 9:30 since I lived in the city back in 2006. Did wrestling ever run there (ECW maybe? I saw ECW at the Roxy in Boston in 1999 which feels like a similar venue)? I know WCW used to run in the Armory by RFK. I used to live a 3 minute walk from there for a year.

The Patriot Center would be my pick.  Based on the UFC show I watched there, it is a great building for wrestling/MMA.  It is big enough to put on a decent sized show, but small enough that all of the seats are pretty good seats.